• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diy Pvc feeders question

Gravity feeders work best for me. I tried regular feeders but the bears hang out until it is empty then the destroy it.
That's all I have. Got tired of batteries going dead, loud noise that let's everyone around know I have a feeder, controller going out, animals eating the spinners and funnels. I have 7 Boss buck feeders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another inexpensive option is a section of black plastic corrugated drain pipe and two caps . A 10’ section cut in half will make two five foot feeders. Each will hold 40-50 pounds of corn. Yes the squirrels will eventually gnaw holes in it but for the few dollars this costs it’s easily replaced. I get a couple of years use out of them.

My first attempt using 6 ft of 3 inch pipe. I made a mess putting the corn in it.

IMG_20200922_142307.jpg

Squirrels will chew the hole bigger and corn will pour out quickly. The remedy is to cover the cut out hole with metal. I took a piece of aluminum and cut it out to cover pipe at hole and cut the aluminum a little long and bent it in to cover the pipe edges of hole so none of the pipe is showing at hole. Never had problems with squirrels chewing the hole bigger again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the zip ties will last long. They make funnels that are flat on one side. Should help get more in the feeder.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom