• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diy Pvc feeders question

Two liter coke bottles for caps. Cut in half and you have two. The 90 is nice to have but not necessary. Just place 3 inches off the ground.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I usually use the knock-out caps for 4" pvc pipes but if you have some 3" you want to use go to Home Depot and get some of these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-3-in-Knockout-Test-Cap-39102/100122751

Cut a V-Notch in them with a small hacksaw and glue them in with pvc glue. Once the glue is dry it won't smell. The V-notch will allow the corn / feed to come out the bottom but I usually will set it up on a tree with a shallow root to allow the corn to flow out as the deer eat it. If you're using T-post then you may want to set it on top of a narrow 1" board so the corn will flow as the deer eat it. Be warned though...it won't hold a lot of feed! I've had them drain a 5 foot 4" pipe in less than a week. And yes cover it with a coffee can, milk jug or whatever seems reasonable to keep the rain and stuff out. Good luck

3" - 4" deer don't care
001.jpg

I use 6” that’s 5 foot tall. With the deer we have they can empty it in about 3 days. I can imagine a 3 inch would be empty in an afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom