• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

You would be surprised... We dont kill a few here ,and there down here we kill hundreds year after year ,and have been my whole life .Night hunting ,dogging,day hunting trapping, different calibers,different distances. They are tough ,but you would be real surprised what a 75 gr 223 with a not so well placed shot would do.If people want to listen to city folk that play rambo a couple times a year ,and want to shoot a 300 win mag then go ahead,but standing side by side in a group of 12 hogs at 75 yards I bet I put more pork on the ground with no need for second shot with a 223 than you would with a larger caliber.
Well #1 I don't own a 300 win mag #2 the only hogs I have killed with a firearm is a .243 with a 100 grain core-cok and me being city folk that's is the funniest thing I herd all day and #3 you just got mad cause I said just saying. So let's all just get along so I think its time to get:focus:

Was not mad a bit. Just funny that the only 2 people that I know of on this site that hunt 3 4 5 nights a week shoot only 223s. And others dont think its enough. Btw Just knocked down a big ole brute just a minute ago with a lil 223.

That's cool we still good and I know a .223 will put them down I have a buddy that has killed them with one and I don't hog hunt every day or even every week but when I get a chance I like to go and I have bow hunted and gun hunted for hogs but I just like hunting with the dogs and a sticker and I just recently took a hog with a cold steel spear and if I only had night vision I would live to take some with my .223

last hog I killed was with a 338 federal, right behind the right ear and exited the left eye. Instantly dead as hell, BUT he kicked for several minutes

I find it amazing that so many people seem to think when something is shot it's automatic lights out "as seen on TV"
In reality anyone who's used a firearm to take game more than occasionally knows death is not always instant, even with a good shot and even when it is movement can still occur for several minutes.
If the reality that hunting is killing and involves death is not for you then don't watch it or participate.
Go do something useful like eating a farm slaughtered pig chicken or cow. Just FYI they don't always die instantly or quit moving either.

Last edited:
Piss poor shooting. Hog farms used .22 rimfires for a long time just have to shoot them in the head. But since these hogs aren't standing still, I believe i will opt for a 416 Remington or 458 winchester. It will at least quarter it for me.
:rolleyes:

I keep seeing Poor shot placement. Poor shot placement. I think a lot of guys saying this aren't hunters, If the are then they haven't killed much. As much as you would like to believe that every animals dies and doesn't move with a good shot you're highly mistaken. They can keep moving no matter how many times they are shot, no matter how good those shots were. I have had a rattlesnake, be-headed, skinned, gutted, and seasoned still twist and turn even after i put it on the grill. after about a min it stopped moving.

Back
Top Bottom