• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

That is disgusting. The fact that hogs are regarded as pests seems to suggest ot idiots that they can be treated in an inhumane manner. I grew up hunting, and i can say I always felt a lot of reverence for the animal after the hunt. You are taking a life, it should be done in the most humane and respectful manner possible. Dressing up like a wanna be commando and roaming the hills in search of porcine insurgents is just plain stupid, and irreverent.

Obviously not a responsible hinter... I think that's so BS.. I don't car what it is, If you don't kill it the first time, then you make every attempt to put it out of its misery so it will not suffer! This is some BULL SHJT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take hogs all the time with my 5.56. Why did he have to get closer, Was it the LACK of ability to put him down the first shot... So he moves in closer to do it and FAILS to put him down and out the closer he gets...

The hog was dead on the second shot. He was excited and shot 5 more times than he needed to. Poorly. I wonder what kind of bullet he was using. FMJ's? Who knows. It makes a HUGE difference with the 223.

We took 591 hogs in 2011 with 223's. We shoot them in the shoulders, head, necks.. whatever they show us we put a bullet in it. The biggest hogs die with shoulder shots, some run 100 yards, some fall over dead in their shadow. Hogs are tough, some tougher than others. NONE are bullet proof. Kill an organ and it WILL die.

I shot a large sow in a pecan orchard in 2009. Hit her right in the top of her heart and liquefied her lungs. She went over 100 yards and fell over. I shot 5 other hogs and got to her about 10 minutes after she went down, she bled out a spot about as big as a silver dollar, no more. No blood trail to her either. I opened her up and her heart/lungs poured out. This was with a 180g 308, which is what I was using at that time.

Same thing woulda played out had it been the 223.

The 75g BTHP's we use are devastating. Most of our shooting is well under 200 yards. If I had to average it I'd say 70-100 yards is where we shoot most hogs. The first year we started we used 308's. Same ranges. We killed 463 hogs. The low recoil allows for very quick accurate follow ups, it puts more bullets in more hogs than a 308 can.

Attachments

• 668.JPG
    668.JPG
    438.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01793.JPG
    DSC01793.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 387 (2).JPG
    387 (2).JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 21
My brother drops them in their tracks with a Savage .17 HMR. One Shot One Kill. You just need to use the right ammo and know where to shoot them. The FMJ .17 will go right through their tough "Shield" in their shoulder and drop them with one shot. His last shots with the .17 were at over 200 yards. No need to make an animal needlessly suffer.

Back
Top Bottom