• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
I watched this and it kinda made me mad. Im not a hunter. My question is, is the 5.56 just too small a caliber for hunting hogs of this size or are this guy just a crappy shot? Every hunter I know goes for the kill shot. Seems like the animal suffered more here than it should have. Or is this just one TOUGH hog?

Just wondering.....

Last edited by a moderator:
that guy is a terrible shot. i would rather use something other than a .223 though if i had a choice. id figure an sks or mini30 would be good enough if you cant opt for a .308 (if you need a asemi-auto rifle that is)

but ive seen a few videos where a pig will just keep moving for a bit after its "dead"

Last edited:
that guy is a terrible shot. i would rather use something other than a .223 though if i had a choice. id figure an sks or mini30 would be good enough if you cant opt for a .308 (if you need a asemi-auto rifle that is)

Ok :lol: Cause he was shooting and shooting and shooting. I was thinking , christ it should not take that many shots. Even close up the dang thing was still kicking.

That made me sick.....crappy shot placement it looked like and IMO a hog that size, should've used AT LEAST a .308 and aim for the head....what a tool.

I'm not a hunter either man but it was pathetic to watch. I would be using my 35 Remington if it was me but to each their own. Although, yeah, I think the guy was a suck shot and if it was me I would have never posted that video.

ya i saw a video where a dude shot a pig point blank with a 12 gauge then cut its head off with a chainsaw like directly afterwards and its body was running a full gallop/sprint on its side (obviously not going anywhere but its hoof kicked a hole in the wooden pen they had it in)

Back
Top Bottom