• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Debating ordering a new progressive

They both work; I have used a Hornady, but I do have a preference for Dillon.

First, I like to punch my primers out with a universal decap die, then send the cases to the tumbler. The case feeder is a big help.

They both work; I have used a Hornady, but I do have a preference for Dillon.

First, I like to punch my primers out with a universal decap die, then send the cases to the tumbler. The case feeder is a big help.
That’s a great idea!!! I never thought to put the case feeder on the brass prep machine! It makes more sense as you are feeding through cases faster anyways

I have a tool head set up for case prep. Decap resize in 1. In the priming station I have the swage tool and the dillon case trimming tool in the 4 station. With the case feeder I can process alot of brass. Tumble the brass change tool heads and back to loading.

There is actually an open source 3D printed project for a bullet feeder. I've been eyeballing that project for some time now but really didn't have an excuse to build one. If I pick up the Dillon I'll build that project out. I did print one of the bullet plates just as a test and it came out awesome. Actually that MAY be fully compatible with the official Mr. Bullet Feeder, I'll have to see if there is someone around Athens that has one that would be willing to test a printed plate for me!
You can also print a case feed and primer feed stop. Im over in Toccoa and have a bullet feeder i could test your print on.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom