• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Debating ordering a new progressive

If I’m not mistaken but I may be.... but I believe the 1100 is not under the lifetime warranty umbrella because it is considered a commercial machine.
True, but I doubt you would wear it out unless you were a commercial ammo manufacturer. I know folks that have 1050s that are not commercial reloaders and Dillon still sends them small parts for free if they break.

1100 and 1050 have a one year warranty for the date of purchase. I have 3. I also have prepped well over 3 million cases through them. I break a spring or 2 but that is about it.

Yes I suppose that’s true, but me personally I feel like I invested all that money. I would like to have some insurance should something tear up. But either way there customer service is top notch. And your buddies machine proves that, a machine that is technically no longer under warranty and they still send him needed parts.

I personally don’t like doing my brass prep on the same machine I do my finish reloads on. I like to keep the mess contained. With that being said I don’t know if going all the way to an 1100 would be worth it for me. Do all brass prep on 550 and finish on a 750 ( if I upgrade) right now running two 550’s one for prep and one for finish. For pistol calibers, two sdb’s same thing one for prep and one for finish

This one:
https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl-750-reloader-package-223-5-56mm_8_134_26664.html

or this one:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012996352?pid=632863

Hornady seems a bit cheaper, comes with both the case and bullet feeders

I've used progressives in the past but didn't like them. Granted, the main one I had experience with wasn't really a commercial success (RCBS AmmoMaster) and it ended up getting dropped by RCBS, apparently other people didn't really like it either!

Thoughts? Pros? Cons? I do reload quite a few calibers so cost to add calibers is actually a thing. I'll keep either the trusty old turret press or the Rock Chucker for smaller volume stuff.
I'd be happy to take that bad ole ammomaster of your hands, I love mine!

Back
Top Bottom