• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

damaged barrel =(

I can't imagine anything other than a round having the strength to do that to the barrel.

That looks to me like it had to be done by EXCESSIVE pressure buildup. No tool would open that flash hider up like that.

OP - don't worry - we all do stupid stuff! And all the crap you will get here is good hearted. But crap you will get!

I'm crying for you bro.

Cut down from the muzzle, inserted big wedge, applied big ass hammer, and found out that the flash hider was part of the barrel?

I would be scared to try and repair that. Looks like a standard AR "prefab" barrel won't work on the Ruger. After some reading it seems like you'll need to find a smith that can install a barrel without gas port and then drill one to line up with the ruger piston system.

:D roflol, yes i tried to remove the flash hider, i when to the range yesterday and while I was cleaning the rifle I decided to remove the flash hider.
1st i tried to use a flat head screw driver and then i cut groves to see if it will brake off, it didnt work so i used a wedge to brake flash hider and BOOOOOM barrel split lol, it was until 2 hours later that i remember that in "SR556C" the FH is integrated with barrel, so im going to take it to cartersille and see if it can be fixed, if not I will call Ruger to get a price on a new barrel.
leasson learned, walk before trying to run, lol and watch bunch of videos on youtube to became a gunsmith lol

Back
Top Bottom