• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

damaged barrel =(

I have a Ruger SR556 and while trying to remove the flash hider I damaged the barrel, my questiong is, can I have a gunsmith cut off the damage and re thread the barrel >? please help :(

View attachment 168284View attachment 168285

7457d1343371881-not-u00252bsure-2bif-2bserious.jpg

:eek::confused::what:I bought a shotgun last week, for cheap, that someone cut off to a short 16.5" with a pipe cutter. Forgot to mention that they didn't file the inside of the barrel before firing it. Prime example of why you shouldn't F*** with it, if you don't have a clue what you're doing.;)

Take your rifle to BartowKnife & Gun Monday. They are in Cartersville inbetween Knights and Jeffersons on main street. Dave or Josh will inspect it for any more damage and give you an estimate to re-barrel it. (W D Archery will be the sign hanging to the street, The Gun shop and archery shop are in the same building)

Do this and all will be well.

What the..... Did you use a .308?

Well if the barrel wasn't over pressurized (the result of firing it) you could have it cut and threaded. If shorter than 16" it would be either and SBR ($200 tax stamp) or a permanent flash hider installed (pin/weld).

Check the cost of a new barrel and it may be cheaper to simply replace the barrel which on the AR platform far too many have skill and experience.

If something doesn't seem right (won't work) then it's often not. I know this because I too have spent money to correct my mistakes often made in haste.

Back
Top Bottom