• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ75 BD with a Kadet .22lr conversion

parolebear

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
216   0
Reaction score
Over the years I have shot or owned just about all the modern high cap guns. I finally after several years of urging by certain friends got a CZ 75B this one with the decocker, it just so happened the trade involved a CZ factory .22lr conversion. I have always been leary of those conversion kits and really never wanted one. So, as usual I had to blast a few rounds off before i passed it on fro something else.

Let me say the 9mm shot very well. It was a little left but a slight adjustment and it was shooting point of aim at 7-25 yds. No failures to fire or any problems. It seems like a well-built metal gun that had a better than expected trigger. I still lean toward "plastic" guns just because I am lazy and like the lightweight. However, if I was looking for a nice accurate, well build gun I would look at the CZ75. I have been told that finding holsters can be a problem but I sure that can be overcome.

Now, the real reason for my review. I put the conversion on the CZ75BD, this took about 2 minutes with me not reading the instructions and guessing. After I did it once it will take about 20 seconds. There is one pin to remove and replace. The mag is a real 9mm mag with another mag build inside. My main knock on the gun. There is a piece of metal on the .22lr mag that could very easily cut you as load the 10 rd. 22lr mag. If that is all I could gripe about then "shut up". The gun performed flawlessly with Remington bulk hollowpoints and some CCI stingers that was in the range bag. The colored sights were not very "fine" but was fully adjustable. There seems to be alot of gap between the front post and the sides of the rear sight. I shot the gun from 7-25 yds. with better than expected accuracy. The real plus is that there was little to no recoil. It was windy and i was just playing so i did not measure groups. Let me say the groups were better than I normally shoot and I would have no probelms with this .22lr pistol in any application. The recoil seemed to be less than my Buckmark or Ruger target. I am scared that I will not replace the 9mm barrel as the .22 was too much fun to shoot.

My only gun to compare was a Glock aftermarket conversion and it was not nearly as accurate as this gun seemed to be. Do not look passed a Kadet conversion. It will make very cheap practice and if you're like me maybe a new .22lr pistol.

Back
Top Bottom