• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cycling

Just saw this thread. I've been into mountain biking for a few years now. I love it. There are a few nice trails in the middle GA area too. My father in law still does competitive road cycling and races at the age of 60. He puts me to shame.

Just saw this thread. I've been into mountain biking for a few years now. I love it. There are a few nice trails in the middle GA area too. My father in law still does competitive road cycling and races at the age of 60. He puts me to shame.

Those older guys that have done it for years are to be reckoned with. I ride with a few myself.

Last edited:
Been there many times. When I first started riding I used the SCT a lot since you don't have dogs and cars to deal with. I have seen a lot of turkeys (prolly anti-gunners) and deer along the trail.

I ride the Silver Comet usually every Sunday morning/afternoon depending on the temp and crowds. I put in at Nickajack Elementary. I started serious riding years ago on a used Gary Fisher Wahoo mountian bike, sold it off in 2011 and got a new Kaitai hybrid. I rode to work daily at CarMax almost 10 miles one way from my home. I have since moved and my studio is only a mile from my home in Brookhaven. Now I ride to and from the gym (about 8 miles round trip) 3 times a week weather permitting as well as Sundays on the Comet. I usually do 50 to 60 miles on the Comet on my bike (bridge pictured is 30miles out). I did do a century to Ala once with a few friends. I have not been on the trail in a few months so yesterday was a short 20 out and 20 back (40 miles). I really need a lighter bike, looking at a Trek Madone 5.1 for my new ride. Anyone want to hook up with me and ride hit me up and if anyone has a line on a 58mm Trek Madone I'll trade guns and ammo!

View attachment 173458

I will hit 60 in June. Just did 70 miles today with my brother a few others and 5 of the Rome race team. This was my first ride back with the group after a foot injury so we only had a 20.3 mph average for that 70 miles, lol. Man the damn wind was a pain today to.

I will hit 60 in June. Just did 70 miles today with my brother a few others and 5 of the Rome race team. This was my first ride back with the group after a foot injury so we only had a 20.3 mph average for that 70 miles, lol. Man the damn wind was a pain today to.

Awesome man 20.3 for 70 miles dang is all i can say. You just cant say only with that kind of average. Awesome!

Where did you ride? I have done the Silver Comet 50 out and back and also most of the Cartersville Bud long routes. Been out of it for a year, overweight and probably can't fit into any of my kits but I would like to start back!

Where did you ride? I have done the Silver Comet 50 out and back and also most of the Cartersville Bud long routes. Been out of it for a year, overweight and probably can't fit into any of my kits but I would like to start back!

Today's group ride left from the Braves stadium in Rome with about 15 riders total. We went up Old Dalton road and rode the Up the Creek route minus the Little Sand Mtn detour. It comes back by way of Villanow and The Pocket so it a big out and back loop. We will be doing that route a lot for the next month or so. Come ride with us. You can find our group on FaceBook, I think its called Rome Rides a Bike. lol We always have at least 2 different speed groups maybe even 3.

Last edited:
Those older guys that have done it for years are to be reckoned with. I ride with a few myself.

Yeah they're no joke. I hit the trails yesterday on the mountain bike and only did about 9 miles. He did a 100 mile road ride... Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they're no joke. I hit the trails yesterday on the mountain bike and only did about 9 miles. He did a 100 mile road ride... Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom