Crotch rockets are back

Its only jack assery if you do it on crowded highways. Find an industrial complex or a large parking lot and ask the owners for permission first. Take an older model 600-750, remove the plastics and install frame sliders and a good sprocket kit. Then make sure you have a good helmet/jacket/spine protector and have at it!

When you do it for a living then most people go that far but the average guys getting crashed up are not doing that. I only went up on one wheel once and that was enough for me. I like adrenaline sports but prefer the ones that are not going to kill or maim me to do them. I have no problem trashing a 1.2K paintball gun a year but trashing a 9-11K bike a year is nuts.

When you do it for a living then most people go that far but the average guys getting crashed up are not doing that. I only went up on one wheel once and that was enough for me. I like adrenaline sports but prefer the ones that are not going to kill or maim me to do them. I have no problem trashing a 1.2K paintball gun a year but trashing a 9-11K bike a year is nuts.

Hey Im all for stunting as long as youre not endangering anyone else. Stunt bikes can be had for cheap too, nowhere near 9-11k. Actually one of my buddies recently picked up a 2003 Honda CBR 600 F4i for $1500 on craigslist. Already had a crash cage, dented tank, motocross bars, and a sprocket kit on it. Usually dropping a bike wont trash it as long as you have a good cage/set of frame sliders. Plastics are easily cracked and are expensive but if you take off the bodywork and run it naked there really isnt much to worry about. If youre going fast enough when you drop it that the bike starts flipping end over end then that will trash it though. I once dropped my old CBR 600 while attempting a highchair wheelie (trying to show off in front of some girls, go figure...) and nothing was damaged except my ego. Sportbikes are a lot tougher than most people think.

Let me know if you ever need paintball gear, I have worked at a paintball shop for the last 11 years and can get you anything you need.

Hey Im all for stunting as long as youre not endangering anyone else. Stunt bikes can be had for cheap too, nowhere near 9-11k. Actually one of my buddies recently picked up a 2003 Honda CBR 600 F4i for $1500 on craigslist. Already had a crash cage, dented tank, motocross bars, and a sprocket kit on it. Usually dropping a bike wont trash it as long as you have a good cage/set of frame sliders. Plastics are easily cracked and are expensive but if you take off the bodywork and run it naked there really isnt much to worry about. If youre going fast enough when you drop it that the bike starts flipping end over end then that will trash it though. I once dropped my old CBR 600 while attempting a highchair wheelie (trying to show off in front of some girls, go figure...) and nothing was damaged except my ego. Sportbikes are a lot tougher than most people think.

Let me know if you ever need paintball gear, I have worked at a paintball shop for the last 11 years and can get you anything you need.

Can you magically come up with time to play? Between school and work I have been really strapped for time to play for the past three years. I used to play PSP (d-2) and NPPL(D-3) until I started mu undergrad and then played as the National level player that was allowed on local teams in the MPS series. School and Debate have just killed my playing time for right now.

I have really wanted to get another bike since I have been down here because you can ride all year round down here compared to KS. where you can only ride about 5 months out of the year. I will have to scour craigslist more often to find another bike that has not been beat to hell.

as for ego damaging I ate it doing a burn out on my buddies sidewalk at a party and took out his mailbox. Broke the blinker on the right side but managed to avoid parked cars with his bike. He later lost control doing 75+ on gravel slick on the road that night totaling the bike. He spent about 1 week in the hospital with 2 surgeries. He also got 18 staples for not wearing a helmet.

Just from exp and area of living, people seem to be more serious about building bikes to stunt down here where the riding season is longer. In Kansas you might occasionally see a cage and motocross bars or a racing balance kit on the bars. If KS bikers did not run a crash cage then you would see leg saver pegs on them. Just a whole new world down here it seems.

Well since were talking about crotch rockets, this evening on the way to do a gun trade a dude riding or shall we say playing around (cat walking) loses control and tumbles off his bike. Well..... his bike SLAMMED into the back of my truck. Now I have a BENT bumper, but at least I didn't eat the asphalt like he did. He's OK, but man you could see the bone in his knee.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.
i53.tinypic.com_25kpp40.jpg

i52.tinypic.com_2m4epts.jpg

i53.tinypic.com_6hhq4g.jpg

At least the guy wasnt seriously injured. I hope the bike wasnt totaled, looks like a nice 07-08 gsxr-600. What exactly happened? Did he loop a wheelie or what?

At least the guy wasnt seriously injured. I hope the bike wasnt totaled, looks like a nice 07-08 gsxr-600. What exactly happened? Did he loop a wheelie or what?

No it's a Yamaha YZFR1. Look at the 1st pic there is a sign in the background and that is a rail road crossing, coming toward the pic he tried to pop a wheelie over the track and when the front tire landed he went over the handel bars and rolled into on coming traffic. The bike slid where you see it and slammed into my truck, on inpact the bike spun around and around before landing in the ditch.

Back
Top Bottom