• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cross bows

tyvw

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
12   0
Reaction score
Well I'm wondering opinions on cross bows. It seems like they are all around 900 bucks and thats steep. I use a compound but thinking to get a crossbow since I have a bow only lease so my brother can use it. I have heard they are inconsistant is this true? Also which brands have you ppl had good experience with at a reasonable price?

I have been shooting a Horton Summit HD 150 for two years. It shoots very consistently and was only $200 with just the fiber optic sights. I purchased a scope for it, but never installed it. I asked around before I bought and kept getting pointed back to the Horton.

I've had a Ten Point compound crossbow for about 5 years now and it will put bolts in the same hole consistently at 20 & 30 yds. It was kind of expensive but well worth it IMHO. They do have less expensive models though. Excalibur makes a real nice recurve type crossbow and reasonably priced too, also very accurate. I got mine to turkey hunt with cause where I've been hunting it's bow only and those dang birds eyesight is so good I couldn't get to full draw with my Mathews before those critters would see me and haul @$$! lol!

I bought a Parker Enforcer last year,It came with scope and a dozen arrows,I paid about $500.00. Parker also has a lifetime warranty. I really like this X-Bow it only took 6 arrows to sight in at 25 yards

Speaking of crossbows
[Broken External Image]:

LOL did you piece that pic together from a pic of a bow and a AR lower? or is someone actually selling that?

Is that a Nightforce scope on it?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom