• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Craigslist Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you buried them in a 72 month loan...awesome!:boxing: Honestly, I would have asked them to leave, but you turned the situation into profit. Much smarter than I
Well I figured that the other alternative was off offer up free ass whoopings all around. But that would have just gotten me fired and a free trip to the Bibb Co Jail. And the Bibb Co Jail SUCKS! Got a DUI way back when and found out. So luckily for me I hadn't been across the road to the Ruby Tuesday's bar that day. It was still kinda early. So I was sharper than usual. Although, I DID take said couple over there for Michelobs and Wild Turkey shots shortly after that. And that's how I greased the skids to make the deal. It seems like every car lot I ever worked had a bar within sight or a liquor store across the street.

There's a very large difference in obeying the laws already on the books and in advocating for more. One might even argue that abiding by the law is the best way to ensure further legislation isn't needed and that not abiding by the law engenders further and more restrictive legislation.

Apples and oranges. Currently the state of GA does not require a license to sell goods in your garage. It does, however, require a license to sell automobiles.

Nothing shameful about it at all....and that's never been the thrust of the discussion.

I disagree. Show me a law that says I can't go buy people's cars on Craigslist for the purpose of flipping. No different than buying cheap houses and flipping them buy owner without a brokers license. And every county requires a business license for businesses. If selling goods out of your garage for profit is not a business than I don't know what is. I pass the same garage sales at the same houses in my neck of the woods every weekend. I also pass the same fruit and vegetable stands. All businesses without licenses. Who cares? Just people trying to make an honest living.

I disagree. Show me a law that says I can't go buy people's cars on Craigslist for the purpose of flipping. No different than buying cheap houses and flipping them buy owner without a brokers license. And every county requires a business license for businesses. If selling goods out of your garage for profit is not a business than I don't know what is. I pass the same garage sales at the same houses in my neck of the woods every weekend. I also pass the same fruit and vegetable stands. All businesses without licenses. Who cares? Just people trying to make an honest living.

I agree in spirit, but the law is the law and whether I agree with it or not, I render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

Thank goodness legal advise wa.....wait...can't do that, thank goodness a legal opinion wa...wait...that won't work, thank goodness opinions were given about the law as they interpret it, and I am not an attorney and that is just my opinion. Whew, had to work through that one. Anyway, the member was told, he could care less, and that should be about it, shouldn't it?

I agree in spirit, but the law is the law and whether I agree with it or not, I render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

I understand. And I may just be ignorant of the law. If such a law exists, then I suppose you should obey it....if it exists.

But of all the criminal activity in this wonderful country, the guy making profit on buying cheap cars from people and flipping them ain't causing me to lose any sleep and does not make me think the guy is crooked.

I understand. And I may just be ignorant of the law. If such a law exists, then I suppose you should obey it....if it exists.

But of all the criminal activity in this wonderful country, the guy making profit on buying cheap cars from people and flipping them ain't causing me to lose any sleep and does not make me think the guy is crooked.

Fair enough. :thumb:

Well, as jheydubbilu-c said, that's should about do it. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom