• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Craigslist Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Preach it brother. We need more government regulations and licensing requirements before being allowed to make a living by selling something for profit! Hope and change we can believe in!!

You gonna lead the charge against all those unlicensed businesses having garage sales on weekends?

God forbid someone buy something that he thinks he can turn around for a profit. Shameful.

Don't sweat the legal eagles man. I know several people that do the same thing you do and are honest hard working people. With all the regs on the books now days nobody's 100% legal.

:thumb:

I just remembered that I know a young guy in Macon who cam up in the body shop/ car bidness. His father owns a body shop and car lot. And as soon as he leaves everyday at 6:00 he's going to find something to sell with his own money outside of the lot. And that's because that's where he makes a good bit more money. Is it wrong? Legally/technically, yes. But financially, it's what smart people do.

Yeah. Preach it brother. We need more government regulations and licensing requirements before being allowed to make a living by selling something for profit! Hope and change we can believe in!!

There's a very large difference in obeying the laws already on the books and in advocating for more. One might even argue that abiding by the law is the best way to ensure further legislation isn't needed and that not abiding by the law engenders further and more restrictive legislation.

You gonna lead the charge against all those unlicensed businesses having garage sales on weekends?
Apples and oranges. Currently the state of GA does not require a license to sell goods in your garage. It does, however, require a license to sell automobiles.

God forbid someone buy something that he thinks he can turn around for a profit. Shameful.
Nothing shameful about it at all....and that's never been the thrust of the discussion.

I just remembered that I know a young guy in Macon who cam up in the body shop/ car bidness. His father owns a body shop and car lot. And as soon as he leaves everyday at 6:00 he's going to find something to sell with his own money outside of the lot. And that's because that's where he makes a good bit more money. Is it wrong? Legally/technically, yes. But financially, it's what smart people do.

For the record, you're advocating breaking the law because it's "smart?" :wacko:

There's a very large difference in obeying the laws already on the books and in advocating for more. One might even argue that abiding by the law is the best way to ensure further legislation isn't needed and that not abiding by the law engenders further and more restrictive legislation.

Apples and oranges. Currently the state of GA does not require a license to sell goods in your garage. It does, however, require a license to sell automobiles.

Nothing shameful about it at all....and that's never been the thrust of the discussion.

I've had the ladies at the tag office tell me that according to GA law YOU as an individual are not supposed to sell even one car with the intention of making a profit. How unrealistic is that? Who wants to sell their car at a loss? I understand that there are those of you who think I shouldn't make a living at doing this. But the law as it's written actually expects you to either trade in your old car and let a new car lot sodomize you in the process or donate it to Goodwill. I am not making any excuses for working around or breaking the law. But somewhere along the line the law was successfully lobbied and setup by the auto dealers association to eliminate ALL competition and protect their racket. I don't know how it works in other states but GA is among the worst Good Ole Boy/ Brother in Law in the Legislature states in the country.

I've had the ladies at the tag office that according to GA law YOU as an individual are not supposed to sell even one car with the intention of making a profit. How unrealistic is that? Who wants to sell their car at a loss? I understand that there are those of you who think I shouldn't make a living at doing this. But the law as it's written actually expects you to either trade in your old car and let a new car lot sodomize you in the process or donate it to Goodwill. I am not making any excuses for working around or breaking the law. But somewhere along the line the law was successfully lobbied and setup by the auto dealers association to eliminate ALL competition and protect their racket. I don't know how it works in other states but GA is among the worst Good Ole Boy/ Brother in Law in the Legislature states in the country.

Well, I will say this....you're certainly not evading the issue. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom