• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

County tag office carry....

Can you legally carry at the County tag office?

• Yes! Merica'

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Hell 2 da NOOOOOOO

Votes: 24 43.6%

• Total voters
In Cherokee, it is my understanding that carrying in the tag office is a no go since they have an off duty officer present. I started using the drive thru because of it. I haven't been inside except for once in the last several years, and the officer was sitting on his butt playing on his phone.

Post office is a big no go.

Found this on GA Packing:

https://www.georgiapacking.org/gflpol.php

In Cherokee, it is my understanding that carrying in the tag office is a no go since they have an off duty officer present. I started using the drive thru because of it. I haven't been inside except for once in the last several years, and the officer was sitting on his butt playing on his phone.

Post office is a big no go.

Found this on GA Packing:

https://www.georgiapacking.org/gflpol.php
Whats an off duty PO got to do with it?

Whats an off duty PO got to do with it?
Carrying a firearm in a city/county/state govt building is prohibited if they have a security present and at least one of them is a cpo.

From the link I posted:

A license holder shall be authorized to carry a weapon in a government building when the government building is open for business and where ingress into such building is not restricted or screened by security personnel. A license holder who enters or attempts to enter a government building carrying a weapon where ingress is restricted or screened by security personnel shall be guilty of a misdemeanor if at least one member of such security personnel is certified as a peace officer pursuant to Chapter 8 of Title 35; provided, however, that a license holder who immediately exits such building or immediately leaves such location upon notification of his or her failure to clear security due to the carrying of a weapon shall not be guilty of violating this subsection or paragraph (1) of subsection (b) of this Code section. A person who is not a license holder and who attempts to enter a government building carrying a weapon shall be guilty of a misdemeanor..

Carrying a firearm in a city/county/state govt building is prohibited if they have a security present and at least one of them is a cpo.

From the link I posted:

A license holder shall be authorized to carry a weapon in a government building when the government building is open for business and where ingress into such building is not restricted or screened by security personnel. A license holder who enters or attempts to enter a government building carrying a weapon where ingress is restricted or screened by security personnel shall be guilty of a misdemeanor if at least one member of such security personnel is certified as a peace officer pursuant to Chapter 8 of Title 35; provided, however, that a license holder who immediately exits such building or immediately leaves such location upon notification of his or her failure to clear security due to the carrying of a weapon shall not be guilty of violating this subsection or paragraph (1) of subsection (b) of this Code section. A person who is not a license holder and who attempts to enter a government building carrying a weapon shall be guilty of a misdemeanor..

CPO being present not an issue unless ingress is restricted or screening is being done. I've carried in many govt buildings with a CPO was present, but no screening or ingress restriction.

Back
Top Bottom