• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Corporals Corner - Solo Overnight Using an Emergency Military Poncho in The Rain

FantomKnight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
This guy has some of the best instructional videos on the Internet. I've been watching his videos for a couple of years now and have learned TONS of stuff. Check him out, and maybe even subscribe. In this video, he makes a shelter with a military poncho, but it's probably not like the shelters that you're used to seeing.

Amazing how quickly he amasses all his perfectly straight poles with just a compact hand saw. No limbs on them, just straight poles, like they lay around the forest just waiting to be picked up. I call BULL****, dude has a chainsaw out there and spent hours prepping his lumber. It's a total joke!

Amazing how quickly he amasses all his perfectly straight poles with just a compact hand saw. No limbs on them, just straight poles, like they lay around the forest just waiting to be picked up. I call BULL****, dude has a chainsaw out there and spent hours prepping his lumber. It's a total joke!
You noticed the same thing I did. Not that it doesn’t have have good info (I didn’t watch it all) but it’s not near as easy a thing, especially for an overnight deal.

I thought I was the only person that would notice that. It is not common for me to find poles nearly that straight over 6 feet long.

He seems to really know what he's doing any I think it looks great, but I guess I'd have to look around some different woods to find the kind of stuff he's finding. Making all that in a single day sounds like one hell of an ordeal.

I like bushcraft videos. Use to follow Bushcraft Pathfinder and Black Scout Survival regularly.

However, I like to work smarter, not harder. Keep a hammock kit in your bag or vehicle. They take up minimal space.

https://kammok.com/products/mantis-hammock-tent

Screenshot_20210706-203738_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom