• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Corporals Corner - Solo Overnight Using an Emergency Military Poncho in The Rain

Amazing how quickly he amasses all his perfectly straight poles with just a compact hand saw. No limbs on them, just straight poles, like they lay around the forest just waiting to be picked up. I call BULL****, dude has a chainsaw out there and spent hours prepping his lumber. It's a total joke!
I don't think so. His saw dust piles are round, small and well defined.

He seems to really know what he's doing any I think it looks great, but I guess I'd have to look around some different woods to find the kind of stuff he's finding. Making all that in a single day sounds like one hell of an ordeal.
He's also not 70 years old and 275lbs and a bad back.

A3B75FE2-D2EB-4BA2-9711-4CEC68C63F81.jpeg
If you carry a roll of paracord instead of a saw you can get more sleep, and you’ll leave no trace.

Amazing how quickly he amasses all his perfectly straight poles with just a compact hand saw. No limbs on them, just straight poles, like they lay around the forest just waiting to be picked up.

Actually, if you find saplings of the correct diameter for your project, small diameter as shown here (except in opening scene)
they generally grow very straight, and below their canopy any odd side limbs that come off of the trunk will be small and easily cut off with a survival knife or handsaw.

Obviously this is an something we would NOT want to practice often, on our own land -- cutting down perfectly healthy saplings and destroying the next generation of trees in that area.

He seems to really know what he's doing any I think it looks great, but I guess I'd have to look around some different woods to find the kind of stuff he's finding. Making all that in a single day sounds like one hell of an ordeal.
This is nothing. You should see some of his more complex shelter builds. He literally spends all day long building some of them. A lot of people in his comments say about his more complex ones, "That's too much work for an overnighter." And that's true. But what he's doing with the more complex ones is showing what can be done in the event that you have to stay longer than expected. And a lot of people say that he's staging stuff because of all of the straight trees that he shows. But, he's addressed that by showing the property that he's on, and you can clearly see TONS of seemingly perfectly straight trees that he could use.

Back
Top Bottom