• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forget about the mortality percentage or total number infected.

Just one question

Is it causing a burden on our health care resources or not?

Seems to me that’s a pretty simple indicator of how bad this thing is or isn’t.

Except the burden on the economy is much much greater.

9095FC8F-06FF-495A-933A-38B76E444C60.jpeg

There's some Covid happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a mask over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong

I could be wrong, but I think some of the people who have died are not just the "vulnerable".
If you think you can deal with it fine, just don't visit any of us "vulnerable" folks.
My family is taking the quarantine very seriously. My MIL lives just down the street an finished chemo in December. It seems to me, if we get back to a normal life pattern we'll be in a better position to be able to support her and keep her in isolation for as long it takes for a vaccine to come out. I'm not great at figuring out statistics, but if someone could crunch the numbers on the danger to the general population after taking the vulnerable out of the equation (by keeping them isolated and protected), then I'm pretty sure most of us not in the vulnerable group would forge ahead with life. AND if we kept the obviously "vulnerable" isolated, the various medical infrastructure around the country would have a much better chance helping those who still randomly get hit.

My wife keeps telling me stories of folks, young folks, who have died from this.

Since when did we start hearing about all of the deaths in America?

Like all the poor young folks in the Chicago area associated with gangs? Can you imagine if you heard their stories every night on the news?

This virus spreads like wildfire. That we know. It will kill people. We know that too.

I just have a feeling it will kill a whole lot less folks than originally predicted.

Quarantine the old and those with morbidity (is that the right term?) and let's get America back to work.

Back
Top Bottom