• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7FFC936A-95DB-4319-A016-5DF1A775DACC.jpeg

I got the word last night.

Two of my relatives are Doctors in NYC, one teaches at NY University Medical Center.
My cousin Pat age 69 has the bug and is staying at his apartment in the city to stay away from his family.
(He lives in New Jersey).
He said, if he makes it till Wednesday, he thinks he'll live, he's very sick.
They already told him, they want him back to work immediately if he lives, because he will have some immunity.
(Ain't that some ****!)

The other, Pat's niece, is staying in the city as well and not going home to her family for fear of them catching it from her.
She is not sick and working endless hours.

Hitting closer to home.
Best wishes to your people

Not good, these strokes just keep coming and they can't seem to get a fix on what's causing them. My wife is a fighter but the damage keeps piling up. She's just a shadow of herself now and the dr's think it's time to discontinue her cancer treatments.
Honestly I'm just a wreck at this point.
Now on top of all that we have to worry about exposure to this damned virus that should never have been allowed to be exported from china.
Will keep praying for both of you.

I got the word last night.

Two of my relatives are Doctors in NYC, one teaches at NY University Medical Center.
My cousin Pat age 69 has the bug and is staying at his apartment in the city to stay away from his family.
(He lives in New Jersey).
He said, if he makes it till Wednesday, he thinks he'll live, he's very sick.
They already told him, they want him back to work immediately if he lives, because he will have some immunity.
(Ain't that some ****!)

The other, Pat's niece, is staying in the city as well and not going home to her family for fear of them catching it from her.
She is not sick and working endless hours.

Hitting closer to home.

Prayers for your family

I have had a brother (62) in Indiana get it... Fever and very heavy cough... After 2 weeks, he is now recovering... No hospital stay.
A nephew (37) in Texas has it... Just getting over fever... Still continuous bad cough... Believe his fever has broken...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/03/31/time_for_a_second_opinion_142817.html

We are trying to stave off and arrest a pandemic. Given what is being recommended, we think we need some second or third opinions. This pandemic, now that it has reached America, has taken 3,173 lives here. This, from a tested population of 164,359 cases. That’s a mortality rate of 1.9%. But immediately, questions must be asked. We record every case of death from the coronavirus, but we have no idea how many people have had the coronavirus. Clearly, there are more than 164,359 cases because not everyone has been tested. That would put the mortality rate at less than 1.9%. That rate could be far, far less. As Eran Bendavid and Jay Bhattacharya, professors of medicine at Stanford, have written, based on their model of over 6 million cases they believe exist: “That’s a mortality rate of 0.01%, assuming a two-week lag between infection and death. This is one-tenth of the flu mortality rate of 0.1%.”

Not good, these strokes just keep coming and they can't seem to get a fix on what's causing them. My wife is a fighter but the damage keeps piling up. She's just a shadow of herself now and the dr's think it's time to discontinue her cancer treatments.
Honestly I'm just a wreck at this point.
Now on top of all that we have to worry about exposure to this damned virus that should never have been allowed to be exported from china.
Hang in there Brother. Prayers for you both.

Back
Top Bottom