Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a question for those here in the medical field. I understand that N95 mask are in low supply and aren’t really meant to be reused. Why haven’t they started using gas mask instead? Seems like a no brainer to issue out surplus gas mask we have from the military and it eliminates both mask and face shield while also being made for reuse.

I’m sure their is a reason they aren’t being used just curious what it is preventing the use of them.

Psilloh1 Psilloh1 Any input on this? Genuinely curious

Psilloh1 Psilloh1 Any input on this? Genuinely curious

Fair question... I am not sure how I could function in them for 12hours straight... If I was one on one patient ratio maybe? But if I left that patient room and walked into another clinical setting. I could have had sputum or any bodily fluid, or what we call contact. I touched my mask and contaminated it... I can then contaminate another patient by touching that mask and touching them, an IV site , a ventilator , a endotrachael tube.. Really anything. Then some one touches the same thing and carries it through the Healthcare continuum .. You literally have to treat each patient like you do in surgery.

You have to scrub you have to gown you have to use sterile technique. And you have to decontam before moving to the next next patient...

Guys.. it’s a freaking mess..

Fair question... I am not sure how I could function in them for 12hours straight... If I was one on one patient ratio maybe? But if I left that patient room and walked into another clinical setting. I could have had sputum or any bodily fluid, or what we call contact. I touched my mask and contaminated it... I can then contaminate another patient by touching that mask and touching them, an IV site , a ventilator , a endotrachael tube.. Really anything. Then some one touches the same thing and carries it through the Healthcare continuum .. You literally have to treat each patient like you do in surgery.

You have to scrub you have to gown you have to use sterile technique. And you have to decontam before moving to the next next patient...

Guys.. it’s a freaking mess..
like doing a deal with some on here.

Didn't some "medical expert" here in GA say that by the time it is all over 80% of the population of GA will have had the coronavirus?? With a 1% fatality rate that's about 88k fatalities in GA. Pop of GA is about 11 million x 80% = 8.8 million infected.

That's a lot of dead folks.

“Point of no return” is just more FUD. What a great soundbyte though. The systems are overloaded due to the media fueled hype, and therefore the resources are near exhaustion.

Didn't some "medical expert" here in GA say that by the time it is all over 80% of the population of GA will have had the coronavirus?? With a 1% fatality rate that's about 88k fatalities in GA. Pop of GA is about 11 million x 80% = 8.8 million infected.

That's a lot of dead folks.

The math is all speculative..but you would be right if there is a 1% mortality rate....

Back
Top Bottom