Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why does it have to be one extreme to the other? I get that all of us may not agree on this but continuously calling it the flu doesn't help. Neither does panicking. I'm pissed off I have to work from home, I'm so bored.... but atleast I have a job. I bounced from one extreme to the other and found a happy medium once I quit taking the media to heart... but I still review the facts.

Why does it have to be one extreme to the other? I get that all of us may not agree on this but continuously calling it the flu doesn't help. Neither does panicking. I'm pissed off I have to work from home, I'm so bored.... but atleast I have a job. I bounced from one extreme to the other and found a happy medium once I quit taking the media to heart... but I still review the facts.

It may not be the flu but it shares many similarities including treatment protocols for treating symptoms. So at the end of the day they could tell someone they have the flu or Corona but it doesn't make any difference in treatment. Covid 19 has been in the US much longer than they are telling people it was just being called a flu type virus since no test were available for covid 19. How many of us knew of multiple people getting a flu type virus around Christmas up until now?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...ronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

It may not be the flu but it shares many similarities including treatment protocols for treating symptoms. So at the end of the day they could tell someone they have the flu or Corona but it doesn't make any difference in treatment. Covid 19 has been in the US much longer than they are telling people it was just being called a flu type virus since no test were available for covid 19. How many of us knew of multiple people getting a flu type virus around Christmas up until now?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...ronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu
I had something similiar myself and was sick almost all of December. I just feel like some are saying it isn't anything worth worrying about.

Anyone watches the Foxnews townhall just now? We now have tested more in 8 days than SK in 8 weeks.
Trump wants all to be re-opned by Easter.
Cuomo was told 2 years ago to buy 15K of ventilators, and he refused; he knew NY was not prepared. Feds shipped thousands of ventilators from national stocks to NY this week.

I had something similiar myself and was sick almost all of December. I just feel like some are saying it isn't anything worth worrying about.

It is worth worrying to a certain degree and more so for those that should be concerned during the typical flu season. I was also sick around the end of February for about a week 3 days of which were pure hell. My symptoms were and progression were spot on for what others have reported the corona virus to be. To add to that my entire office as well as the office staff next door to us became sick with similar symptoms and varying degrees of severity. It's smart to be concerned but not to the level the media has pushed this. It is not worth throwing our economy away for.

Yes people will die and yes if we did completely lock down it would save some lives but the cost to the economy is greater in my opinion than the unquantifiable lives saved. If you fall into the high risk category by all means please protect yourself and stay inside if necessary but for the rest we have to keep working and maintaining our quality of life. We owe the older generation that much. You can bet your ass those in their 60's and older would not have taken a knee over this they would have kept working to provide for there families.

Anyone watches the Foxnews townhall just now? We now have tested more in 8 days than SK in 8 weeks.
Trump wants all to be re-opned by Easter.
Cuomo was told 2 years ago to buy 15K of ventilators, and he refused; he knew NY was not prepared. Feds shipped thousands of ventilators from national stocks to NY this week.

Did they happen to mention the infection rate? SK was I believe a little over 2% and Iceland was under 1%.

It is worth worrying to a certain degree and more so for those that should be concerned during the typical flu season. I was also sick around the end of February for about a week 3 days of which were pure hell. My symptoms were and progression were spot on for what others have reported the corona virus to be. To add to that my entire office as well as the office staff next door to us became sick with similar symptoms and varying degrees of severity. It's smart to be concerned but not to the level the media has pushed this. It is not worth throwing our economy away for.

Yes people will die and yes if we did completely lock down it would save some lives but the cost to the economy is greater in my opinion than the unquantifiable lives saved. If you fall into the high risk category by all means please protect yourself and stay inside if necessary but for the rest we have to keep working and maintaining our quality of life. We owe the older generation that much. You can bet your ass those in their 60's and older would not have taken a knee over this they would have kept working to provide for there families.
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Back
Top Bottom