Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People seem to be consoling themselves looking at aging populations, urban density, smoking etc. Each country is going to find it's own factors that play into it's mortality rate. The old Italians and Chinese heavy smokers, who didn't die, are most probably saying "whats this going to do to America, they're the most obese country in the world". Each country has it's own endemic factors that the virus will exploit.

WTF are you talking about? There was no relevant information in the link.

"Event 201 was a 3.5-hour pandemic tabletop exercise"

Nothing factual at all.
I said "relevant" information.
Everything they discussed, in October, has come to life now. The same virus starting in the same place. They even made their own fake news accounts that mirror what we see today.

Very relevant unless it messes with your dissonance

giphy (1).gif
I DO need new glasses, bit I see no proof that is a gurl.

People seem to be consoling themselves looking at aging populations, urban density, smoking etc. Each country is going to find it's own factors that play into it's mortality rate. The old Italians and Chinese heavy smokers, who didn't die, are most probably saying "whats this going to do to America, they're the most obese country in the world". Each country has it's own endemic factors that the virus will exploit.
At this rate of closures etc. I may start back smoking and eat all the sugar I want LOL

And yet, when the Flu hits them they don't have anything close to a 10% mortality rate.

Again this is a definite threat to the elderly population - especially those with other issues. The Italians chose to ignore that fact, and on top of that they have a lot of other factors working against them that other countries will simply not be facing.

If we're gonna look at the worst, then we also have to look at those countries also doing just fine. Hong Kong has had 356 cases and 4 deaths.

Everything they discussed, in October, has come to life now. The same virus starting in the same place. They even made their own fake news accounts that mirror what we see today.

Very relevant unless it messes with your dissonance

I understand and agree BUT it has not HAPPENED UNTIL NOW!!!

Please show when this has happened before unless it messes with YOUR dissonance!

At this rate of closures etc. I may start back smoking and eat all the sugar I want LOL

I have a buddy that has been following this for a while and has been prepping for it. The last couple months he decided he better go ahead and eat ice cream, cake and all kinds of tasty foods that are bad for you, while he still could. I was talking to him last week and he told me he was at Walmart buying new pants because his old ones didn't fit anymore.

funny that "social distancing" for a few weeks is goin to end up with everyone standing shoulder to shoulder in soup lines after nobody has a job anymore.
I don't know if this is sarcasm (:thumb: either way) but they are talking about closing the plant where my daughter works due to Chinese flu. She welds parts up for BMW and such so it won't have as big an impact as when they close TP factories

Back
Top Bottom