Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't figure out why the naysayers are still naysaying. This stuff is all over and many elderly similar to me and my wife are going to die. I don't think anything of this magnitude has ever hit the US and it ain't even started real good yet. I know the grocery stores are in full panic mode but IMO people shoulda been stocking up Lonnnnnnng ago for any kind of disaster such as an EMP or something.

I reckon naysayers gonna naysay no matter what.

I'm feeling pretty upset this morning. My parents were supposed to visit this weekend. I normally see them once a year. They just retired this year and were partying at a music festival last night in Orlando, FL and planning on driving here today for the weekend. I asked them not to come and encouraged them to go home. They're not very happy. Am I wrong to do that??
Sad but probably a good call

Plenty of high ranking Iranians have died though.
that has no (negative)consequence for china.

My point is all of this happening is benefiting china. Our market is headed for a heavy crash. And all that they have lost is a few elderly that their communist regime could give 2 squirts of piss about in the first place

Have you thought about how to handle incoming mail, packages, etc.?

Ideas appreciated.
Wife bought a large box of nitrile gloves. We are thinking of doing this.
Place trash can on porch.
Wear gloves to pickup mail from box, sort on porch. Junk mail and gloves into trash, real mail into house. But seems like not much gain in safety, ‘cause anything could be contaminated, so?

I'm feeling pretty upset this morning. My parents were supposed to visit this weekend. I normally see them once a year. They just retired this year and were partying at a music festival last night in Orlando, FL and planning on driving here today for the weekend. I asked them not to come and encouraged them to go home. They're not very happy. Am I wrong to do that??

No, you are not wrong.

At some point in most parent-child relationships, the child has to assume the adult role. You just grabbed that mantle.

Back
Top Bottom