Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i get that Coronas are nothing new. The general rule seems to have been the deadly ones are deep in the lung and not very contagious. The harmless ones are wildly contagious. So yeah been here forever. Are you saying this one is no different? And escalation to pandemic is simply due to hysteria? Or do you believe this particular version is a different blend of harmful and contagious than we have seen before, therefore escalation is warranted?

Excellent question. This is absolutely a different mutation of Coronavirus that we’ve never seen. People forget that viruses are living organisms and, just like all organisms, it adapts and mutates. Everything from human interaction to climate change causes organisms to mutate.

Hysteria is part of it but the panic is warranted. For a virus to infect over 125k people in less than 40 days is insane. The mortality rate jumped from 2.8% to 6% in 2 days. If it continues to be this aggressive and the mortality rate increases, we could be looking at high levels of dead populations that will cripple the global economy.

Do I think that’s likely? Absolutely not. But I’d rather plan for worst case.

Cool. Could you do the world a favor and let the experts know that this new version of kung fu flu is in fact just the same old run of the mill corona virus so we can end this panic. :thumb:

The Cold strain (influenza) is a version of Corona, just like SARS and MERS are. All of them are more deadly than Influenza, so no it’s not the same thing.

So what is different that caused the quarantine of more than one tenth of the world's population before our illustrious cdc would even test for it?

No , this disease has not been in circulation for thousands of years. This deep lung broken glass condition is not a normal flu development early in the disease.

Your post sounds like canned propaganda

Feel free to look everything I said up. I’m not going to argue with someone who has zero sources. Your opinion is based in zero fact and zero experience. Go Google the history of Coronavirus and look at the timeline.

The Cold strain (influenza) is a version of Corona, just like SARS and MERS are. All of them are more deadly than Influenza, so no it’s not the same thing.

Well no ****! I may have gotten my medical degree from Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, but over a couples of months reading over this crap, I at least know that. But I really appreciate you telling me.

And back to my post you replied to originally, I was referring to the NEW strain. :thumb: I thought that's what this whole damn thread was about...

Feel free to look everything I said up. I’m not going to argue with someone who has zero sources. Your opinion is based in zero fact and zero experience. Go Google the history of Coronavirus and look at the timeline.
your "sources " are just as lost as the person without the title

Back
Top Bottom