• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cooking / Smoking / Grilling

MAN that stuff looks good! I'm also workin on my grilling/smoking skills. I snagged one of those char-griller duos when they were on sale for $199 at lowes. Added a side fire box and I'm good to go! I started out watching the bbq pit boys on youtube and using their recipes, and have a couple of grilling books- favorite being "how to grill". Any other websites/books you guys use for recipes?!

I also prefer wood, charcoal second, electric smoker third, and propane last. However when time is short propane grilling beats a stove or microwave. If you are in the market for a new grill check out the Smoke Hollow setup that Sam's is carrying this year. It has a gas fired infrared searing grill, a regular gas grill (3 burners), a charcoal grill, plus a fire box for sloooow smoking that also has a grate for fast cooking (steaks or blackened) directly over the wood fire. It is $349.00. Pretty good deal for all of those options in one package.

Thanks outlander!

I'm with ya sunny... I like having the option for gas for quick grilling. The duo has a gas grill as well as a charcoal grill, a gas side burner, and I added the side fire box. The grill was only $199 on sale (crazy!). It's doin great for me! A searing grill would be nice to have... right now i'm just using a cast iron skillet on the gas burner to sear stuff. Still comes out yummy though! :) I smell an ODT cookout on the horizon!

i55.tinypic.com_so0b2f.jpg

STOP IT I'm drooling on myself....I'm going to try this.....got any more repellent recipes? Can't beat some simple fall off the bone pork ribs on a charcoal cooker my little Cajun Cooker really does the trick, just flip'em once.

I make an artery clogger, pork loin, stuffed with fresh hot italian sausage, and make a bacon weave, and wrap it up. Good as hell, and keeps all the muslims in the neighborhood in the house for the day.

Thanks outlander!

I'm with ya sunny... I like having the option for gas for quick grilling. The duo has a gas grill as well as a charcoal grill, a gas side burner, and I added the side fire box. The grill was only $199 on sale (crazy!). It's doin great for me! A searing grill would be nice to have... right now i'm just using a cast iron skillet on the gas burner to sear stuff. Still comes out yummy though! :) I smell an ODT cookout on the horizon!

You are welcome Collin. I like gas and charcoal...depends on what I am cooking and who I am cooking for.....smoking, slow cooking, and bbq.....it is charcol all the way. I prefer gas for steaks and chicken. Looking for a tandoori oven accessory.

Anybody make their own rubs/seasonings????

Last edited:
Us country boys don't spend money on fancy grills, though I'm sure they're nice. We just dig a fire pit 5x8, lay a few concrete blocks around the outside, lay a chain link fence gate down, wrap another layer of blocks, fire that sucker up with oak wood, throw on the hog and cover with old barn tin and go hunting/fishing. Get hungry come back grab the bread and beer and let the juices drool down your chin. Clean-up is super easy too ! We have gone GREEN as they say.

Back
Top Bottom