• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cooking Bloopers

Used to go camping a lot. Friends got a camper and went with one weekend. I said..hey…I got a new little traeger and ima smoke us a spatchcock chicken. I set it going and we went hiking. I said it will be done by the time we get back, cleaned up and make a cold drink.

That damn smoker quit out right after we left. That whole chikkin was raw and wasted. I was really hard on myself because it was a celebration of sorts and I talked it up so much. Well, the hot dogs were pretty good.

I was in a hunting club in the 90’s in Wilkerson county each member furnished and cooked a meal for sat night supper. we had a member that always insisted on cooking 15 bean soup loaded with ham hocks.its proberly pretty good but I never eaten any that wasn’t scorched.he would not hunt and cook and be drunk by the time everybody got out of the woods.

At our hunting club in the early 90's my buddy bought some streak-o-lean from the country store up the road. We sat down for breakfast and everyone started to dig in. First bite and everyone had the same look on their face. He hadn't rinsed the salt off before he fried it. Popping beers at 10 am.
I could feel my blood pressure increasing just from reading that.

palmettomoon palmettomoon made Brunswick Stew without any veggies in it, does that count?

palmettomoon palmettomoon made Brunswick Stew without any veggies in it, does that count?

This is a top secret cheater on Brunswick stew—— use souse meat buy as much as you need apply heat in a pot and it will break down saves hours of meat prep.

Back
Top Bottom