• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Converting a Remington 700 BDL to Detach Magazine?

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Which one for a Remington 700 Varmit barrel BDL/factory stock? Anyone had experience?

CDI Precision Trigger Guard for AICS Detachable Box Magazine Remington 700 Short Action
Product #: 618291 $209.99

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/618291/cdi-precision-trigger-guard-for-aics-detachable-box-magazine-remington-700-short-action

PTG Trigger Guard for AICS Detachable Box Magazine Remington 700 Short Action Aluminum Black $129.99

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/528435/ptg-trigger-guard-for-aics-detachable-box-magazine-remington-700-short-action-aluminum-black?cm_vc=subv1618291

Wyatt's Outdoors Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine Assembly Remington 700 BDL Short Action 308 Winchester 5-Round Aluminum Black (with magazine-5 round) $249.99 Mags? None separate?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/350100/wyatts-outdoors-trigger-guard-and-detachable-magazine-assembly-remington-700-bdl-short-action-308-winchester-5-round-aluminum-black

I have done many PTG's. 1st rate stuff at a reasonable price. The quality is every bit as good as Badger, et al.

You will need to inlet the stock for it which is best done on a milling machine. Any ?? let me know!

I had a badger ordnance. I was considering a PTG for my next build due to its price. The badger is tough but unles you plan on treating it like a soldier in a combat zone I believe the PTG will do what any of us would like to get out of it. Plus they take AICS mags which are more common then the Wyatt mags which are not interchangable if I remember correctly.

Thanks guys I was thinking they all need some inletting. I was not sure if the PTG was a decent value since it was the least expensive.

Does anyone make magazines other than AICS for the PTG/CDI platforms?

I believe there is an aftermarket mag, possibly CProducts, I beleive that's the name or something like that. For the most part AICS is the most commonly available. Ruger makes mags for their Scout rifle which is suppose to take AICS mags. They might interchange also

I believe there is an aftermarket mag, possibly CProducts, I beleive that's the name or something like that. For the most part AICS is the most commonly available. Ruger makes mags for their Scout rifle which is suppose to take AICS mags. They might interchange also

100% correct. Also, mags for the Ruger and AICS are indeed interchangeable.

Ramroddoc, just about all of the bottom metals will need some sort of inletting and possibly pillar bedding to get the best results. If you are using the gun for a hunting rifle you can use the ptg system and be GTG. The aftermarket mags usually have a lot of slop in them which can cause feeding issues buy once cry once and use the AICS mags otherwise look at Alpha Mags.

Also PTG is nowhere close to being the same as a Badger, Badgers have better tolerances and fit better in the stock. I am using a PTG hinged bottom metal in my hunting rifle because it will not get abused as much as my tac/comp guns but I use Badger in all of my heavy use guns.

Last edited:
Thanks! I dropped the hammer on the PTG and ordered an ACIS magazine (5 rounds) as it was the only one available. Now I'm working on the barrel refinishing it for a hot blue salt bath. The pits are fine/very shallow and seem to be coming out slowly but surely.

Don't know how much you use the gun, but if it is a standard hunter then its hard to beat Kwik Klip. Only drawback is they are in LA only.

http://www.accurateaction.com/products-display.php?catid=18

Thanks for the info. I shot this gun about 40 years ago. It has some water damage but is cleaning up nicely. I have the PTG bottom in hand and milling the stock seems to be the best option. It comes with the pillars to bed it in and I'll get to that sooner or later.

Some befores....

i47.tinypic.com_fymkpx.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_2rdwves.jpg

i47.tinypic.com_23hu5qv.jpg

i48.tinypic.com_2nl94w3.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_taqxbd.jpg

Clamped down..

i48.tinypic.com_wbb6go.jpg

Go Canada! :canada:

i47.tinypic.com_fksgo3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom