• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Contract overrun M4’s on sale til they’re gone at SOLGW

read back where Supply and demand was brought up.

Flooded market of ars

Was just replying to your question below (which you have answered yourself)

"If the demand is so high for these 'quality guns' why are they on sale"

How do these stack up against Colt and BCM? If you’re going to have a carbine gas anyway, a Colt comes in cheaper (provided dealers still have some on shelves) and for not much more, you can get a BCM with a mid-length gas.

I’ve heard lots of praise on SOLGW, just never seen one in person.

If you can’t tell the difference between a $350 PSA/PTac and a $1100 SOLGW except for the price, then you should definitely buy the PTac and save yourself $750. You’ll probably never shoot it enough to justify the extra cost.

Ditto if you’re expecting to buy the whole rifle for the price of the Centurion C4 rail on it.

How do these stack up against Colt and BCM? If you’re going to have a carbine gas anyway, a Colt comes in cheaper (provided dealers still have some on shelves) and for not much more, you can get a BCM with a mid-length gas.

I’ve heard lots of praise on SOLGW, just never seen one in person.

I like SOLGW better than the civilian model Colts, and they are on par with BCM.

well, I posted 2 pics of why I started talking smack. I thought it was obvious.
When a website changes prices after I refresh, that is sketchy.
And was pointing out that that ar is not worth anywhere near 1100.

If the demand is so high for these 'quality guns' why are they on sale Dirty J Dirty J

I know the company, and they are not sketchy. A computer or software glitch ain’t a bait n’ switch.

What part of “contract overrun” do you not understand?

I know how much it costs to manufacture a quality barrel, BCG, and receiver set. With that in mind, you can’t build a high quality AR for $300.

Just because a YOU don’t know what you’re looking at, and YOU can’t justify spending for than $399 on an AR doesn’t mean that this particular one isn’t worth $1099.

I see several hundred AR’s a year come through my school. I see what fails and what doesn’t.

What do I see fail? PSA’s, low end S&W’s, Ruger’s (some of the worst BCG’s I’ve ever seen), DelTon’s, Anderson’s, and Frankenguns built from those parts by folks who THINK they know how to put an AR together.

What do I never see fail? SOLGW’s, BCM’s, Colt’s, FN’s, and similar guns, assembled at the factory by a trained staff that follows the TDP. Also, guns put together from parts from these companies, by folks that actually know how to put them together correctly. Folks that don’t use Loctite instead of staking, and know the difference in the quality of the parts that matter.

Id take a SOLGW over a BCM if it were a low pro gas block, because SOLGW pins theirs.
They build everything top quality. hell if the police ever take it as evidence for a self defense shooting- they will send you a loaner. Thats pretty amazing.
Also I believe in what they believe in.

for the record I do have a ton of PSA's for beater rifles and loaners. Theyre good. getting better all the time. They are nowhere close to a top tier manufacturer. They dont want to be. Their stated goal is to arm every american and make AR's more obtainable for the average person. They are doing that, and have done it to a great extent.

Both great companies. 2 diff purposes. The owners would probably drink beers together and have a great time.
I say get both and quit whining about it. no one cares what kind of rifle I have or you have.
Have a rifle.
Learn how to run it safely.
Learn how to run it accurately.
Learn how to be more violent with it- in hopes you never have to.
Then do it better.

/soapbox

I've had a PSA that would barely hit the broadside of a barn, and traded into one that was a damn fairly accurate firearm. Are any of em a DMR? Nope. That what a proper rifle is for

Accuracy isn’t the end-all-be-all, although a good AR should be accurate, as well. With a 1x red dot, my daughter can run my SOLGW primary gun out to 500yds on reduced steel silhouettes. Usually, it’s the Indian, not the arrow.

FWIW the $300 and change price is just a javascript bug. I've seen it loading the page sometimes. It's the base price without selecting any options, even the default ones.

Back
Top Bottom