• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Contract overrun M4’s on sale til they’re gone at SOLGW

I’ve deal with SOLGW for years. They’re legit.
I take you at your word.
But but I dont feel I'm wrong for pointing out it feels like a bait and switch when you click the link.
I realize 343 for that setup is unheard of.(and very asinine in terms of expectations)But it was posted in 'steals and deals.' And I have seen some stuff posted here before that is literally unbelievable.

short of staking, assembling an AR isn't rocket science. what type failures? parts breaking?

What do I see fail? PSA’s, low end S&W’s, Ruger’s (some of the worst BCG’s I’ve ever seen), DelTon’s, Anderson’s, and Frankenguns built from those parts by folks who THINK they know how to put an AR together.

I've seen parts break. Bolt lugs sheared off, rounded over edges, extractors broken, receivers untrue to the axis of the bore, hell, you name it.

Reactions: MRH
short of staking, assembling an AR isn't rocket science. what type failures? parts breaking?
In for knowing what failures you have witnessed as well. I'm working on a budget AR currently and am new to AR's but can't afford to drop $1,000+ on an AR. I also don't plan to be running 3,000 rounds per year through it either. This is my entry level AR to get used to the platfrom and see how I like them. I mean I started with a Savage 110 as my first hunting rifle and now use a Browing A-Bolt as my main deer rifle. Both rifles put deer on the ground but the trigger, bolt action fitment and accuracy (at longer range) are totally noticeable between the two.

Side note: I see you mentioned S&W on the list of failures but I am curious about the Springfield Saints.

In for knowing what failures you have witnessed as well. I'm working on a budget AR currently and am new to AR's but can't afford to drop $1,000+ on an AR. I also don't plan to be running 3,000 rounds per year through it either. This is my entry level AR to get used to the platfrom and see how I like them. I mean I started with a Savage 110 as my first hunting rifle and now use a Browing A-Bolt as my main deer rifle. Both rifles put deer on the ground but the trigger, bolt action fitment and accuracy (at longer range) are totally noticeable between the two.

Side note: I see you mentioned S&W on the list of failures but I am curious about the Springfield Saints.

I've posted a lot of this info here over the years, as have numerous other members. You have numerous issues that can be found in parts, mostly either out of spec or made with the wrong materials, or wrong part in the application (a rifle barrel extension used on a carbine upper receiver).

I've seen numerous issues with AR's bought completely assembled, or bought as an assembled upper and/or lower, from companies like PSA. If you know what you're looking for, and don't mind correctly issues on brand new kit, most issues can be fixed by the end user.

Assembling an AR ain't rocket science, but it ain't Legos, either. I've seen a lot of issues with assembly. Parts not torqued properly; I've seen over- and under-torqued. Not using anti-seize where required. Not using Loctite or similar where recommended. Not stretching the threads on upper receivers and receiver extension tubes when installing barrel nuts and castle nuts. Improper or no staking where required. Again, the use of crap parts can cause issues in assembly. I've seen castle nuts that did not have staking notches. So, crap part that fouls up assembly because it cannot be staked. Barrel extensions clocked (not centered properly). Gas blocks not dimpled or pinned. Gas keys not properly securely. Loads more.

XJMAN XJMAN I'm a short drive from you. Why don't you come by my shop and I'll help you with the assembly. No charge. I have the proper tools, I'd be happy to show you how to put one together properly.

I haven't seen enough of the Saints to form an opinion on them. I haven't seen an issue on the range, but I don't follow the "it runs so it's good" philosophy. I know of a few instances of owners finding improper assembly......not witnessed by me personally, but info shared by folks that I trust.

The only issue I have with that weapon system at either price point is.....wait for it....it still comes with the basic bitch stock, grip and straight trigger guard. So after purchasing it I'd still have to spend another $100 minimum to get it right.

The only issue I have with that weapon system at either price point is.....wait for it....it still comes with the basic ***** stock, grip and straight trigger guard. So after purchasing it I'd still have to spend another $100 minimum to get it right.

And you’d still be saving $300 over that same AR with those upgrades.

I’ve deal with SOLGW for years. They’re legit.

Lots of guys have dealt with them multiple times. Their legitimacy is not even a question. It's not like they are some fly by night brand that no one has ever heard of. They are as legit as any other top tier AR company.

Again, this is getting silly. Buy one or don't. Your loss or your gain. Claiming that all AR's are the same is just plain dumb. This is a good deal. These will be gone soon.

Back
Top Bottom