• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Contact the ATF to keep pistol braces legal (merged threads)

Oh, you dreamer.
The new factoring criteria (when they implement it) will effectively make every AR/AK with less than 16” barrel a SBR unless you’re running just a smooth, bare buffer tube.

I don't think a smooth, bare buffer tube will suffice to keep your pistol a pistol... have you looked at the points system? weight, sights... can ANY AR15-receiver-based pistol pass muster? I'm not so sure.

I'm with this as I am like with bump stocks. I don't care about them and have no skin in the argument.

BUT

I do not like the BATFE and Biden making up new laws as they go. This is a constitutional republic not a ****ing banana republic run buy a communist dictator who can do what he will.

I don't think a smooth, bare buffer tube will suffice to keep your pistol a pistol... have you looked at the points system? weight, sights... can ANY AR15-receiver-based pistol pass muster? I'm not so sure.
Am I misunderstanding the "points" system? The way I understood it was that the points only applied to firearms with a brace. No brace=no points inspection.
If I remember correctly, if a firearm with a brace scored too many points, you could remove the brace, or put a 16" barrel on it, or turn it in, or destroy it.

Am I misunderstanding the "points" system? The way I understood it was that the points only applied to firearms with a brace. No brace=no points inspection.
If I remember correctly, if a firearm with a brace scored too many points, you could remove the brace, or put a 16" barrel on it, or turn it in, or destroy it.
Has to fall within certain o/a length and weight requirements to qualify as a pistol before points come into play.

Back
Top Bottom