• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Contact the ATF to keep pistol braces legal (merged threads)

Oh, you dreamer.
The new factoring criteria (when they implement it) will effectively make every AR/AK with less than 16” barrel a SBR unless you’re running just a smooth, bare buffer tube.

I don't think a smooth, bare buffer tube will suffice to keep your pistol a pistol... have you looked at the points system? weight, sights... can ANY AR15-receiver-based pistol pass muster? I'm not so sure.

I'm with this as I am like with bump stocks. I don't care about them and have no skin in the argument.

BUT

I do not like the BATFE and Biden making up new laws as they go. This is a constitutional republic not a ****ing banana republic run buy a communist dictator who can do what he will.

I don't think a smooth, bare buffer tube will suffice to keep your pistol a pistol... have you looked at the points system? weight, sights... can ANY AR15-receiver-based pistol pass muster? I'm not so sure.
Am I misunderstanding the "points" system? The way I understood it was that the points only applied to firearms with a brace. No brace=no points inspection.
If I remember correctly, if a firearm with a brace scored too many points, you could remove the brace, or put a 16" barrel on it, or turn it in, or destroy it.

Am I misunderstanding the "points" system? The way I understood it was that the points only applied to firearms with a brace. No brace=no points inspection.
If I remember correctly, if a firearm with a brace scored too many points, you could remove the brace, or put a 16" barrel on it, or turn it in, or destroy it.
Has to fall within certain o/a length and weight requirements to qualify as a pistol before points come into play.

Back
Top Bottom