• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Complete Newbie to Archery some help!

Thats a D ring that your hooking your release to on the bow string. When sighting your bow move the sight to where your arrow is on the target based on where you shot. Say if your shooting at the bullseye and your arrow goes low and to the right move your sight low and to the right as well.

you guys know any good place near me to go with someone to adjust my bow to me

There was a place on the access road in conyers, i think the name was georgia sports or something. It was right on the side of 20, I haven't been there in a few years though, they used to be pretty good and had a few good guy's in there. There maybe a shop close than that but i'm not sure on it

12pt. Archery target and hunting pro shop
2467 Access RD.
Covington Ga. 30016

Last edited:
you guys know any good place near me to go with someone to adjust my bow to me
don't know any places around you. I'm sure some members will be able to help you out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 25
If you get to a shop they can check your draw length for you. They gotta a little bow that that you can pull back that gives a measurement. If your like a 31'' and your bow is a 28" you may have to find another bow, if the one you have can't be adjusted that far. That's the first thing i would do, is check my draw, until then you could be wasting your time.
Wrong draw length could be a source of many problems

okay cool my buddy already said the draw isnt set long enough but its on the lowest setting he also taught me how to make it faster and i extended the pull weight

yeah but you and your buddy could have different draw lengths, his could be shorter or longer than yours.

You need a bow with the draw set to what you need.His arms might be longer than yours or yours might be , and all this is going to affect how you shoot also.
When you get your draw figured out and set, go ahead and get you a dozen arrows cut for your draw, if your a 28'' get you some about 29-30"" if your a 29" get you some about 30-31" . put 6-8 away to hunt with and use the rest to practice with. That way your hunting and practicing with the same stuff

Back
Top Bottom