• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Collards

"Red Fish" in Cincinnati, 1998. Worst collards I ever ate. Some nitwit chef got the bright idea to do an oysters Rockefeller and swap al dente collards for the cooked spinach. Nasty as ****.
Glory and Margret Holmes canned are the worst I’ve tried. I don’t normally order them at a restaurant without either seeing the cook or asking her name.

Glory and Margret Holmes canned are the worst I’ve tried. I don’t normally order them at a restaurant without either seeing the cook or asking her name.
Every time we go to Mrs. Wilkes’ in Savannah for lunch, I slip down the alley and check the kitchen to make sure it’s still staffed with older overweight black women.
Been eatin’ there when I can since 1966.

Well I took out the stems and then only tore them in larger pieces. I boiled ham hocks in chicken broth and an onion for a while. I then added greens a little along until they cooked down and fit in the pot. I added a little salt and pepper, a bouillon cube and a pinch of sugar and let them cook for a few hours. I have to say they were awesome. My son that doesn't like greens even enjoyed them. They will be even better after they sit a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom