• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Collards

I grow my own collards and use most of the same ingredients folks mentioned above. I always cook several large batches in late fall and then pressure can them in quart jars to eat throughout the winter and spring. Gotta have collard greens, cornbread (made in a cast iron skillet), black-eyed peas for New Years Day. Don’t forget to throw a penny in the greens for good luck next year.

Mom used to run the stemless leaves in the rinse cycle of dishwasher to get all the dirt grit off. Use the bone left from Christmas ham.
in the earlier days, I ran them in the clothes washer.....wife(at the time) put a stop to that....maybe that's another reason she's not around anymore...humm....
they don't seem to be as dirty as they used to be....that could just be me....maybe the dirt doesn't taste as bad these days...

they don't seem to be as dirty as they used to be....that could just be me....maybe the dirt doesn't taste as bad these days...
we were from Florida panhandle so everything fresh had dirty sand. Can still feel the crunch to this day

Back
Top Bottom