• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cold and electric vehicles ……

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
I bet these tree huggers that have these electric cars are pitching a fit in this weather !!
THEY WONT RUN in this cold weather …… LMAO !
That’s ok… I will stop and offer them a ride in my warm gas powered pick up or suburban , maybe, if I see them !
I figure it’s the least I can do. Also gives me the perfect opportunity to gloat a little !! 😛

The EV types are not fond of inconvenience, nor can they foresee events like this. They will go right back to our generous government and demand something be done either at great expense to the working class, or print more money to fix the problem. It's funny how they don't understand capitalisms and profits that pay for infrastructure. They just want things mandated for their idealism and convenience.

I have a confession.....

When I lived in Utah, I bought an electric car. A Nissan Leaf. Why, you ask? Well I only used it to commute from home to work. I had an old trusty '97 K1500 for everything else.
Work provided free charging and that would get me home and back to work. At no cost to me. Not a penny spent.

That being said, I remember one particular day that we got absolutely dumped on. What was normally a 40 minute drive turned into 3 hours to get to the half way point. I had to turn the heat off to conserve energy. I barely made it back home with about 5% to spare. My legs were damn near frozen.

I kept that little car until we moved to Georgia. But I took my truck when the weather went to ****.

To me I didn't really care if people cared about electric cars. I had a nice little hack that cost me little to nothing.....except for my dignity when I was seen in it driving. 😂

"I tell you what; I just have to LAUGH at them crazies driving them new fangled auto-mobiles whenever they got a flat tire and go riding by in my horse drawn carriage. Everybody knows they ain't NEVER gonna have them petrol stations around. Nah, a good horse is all a man will ever need."

I don't own an EV, but if I did, I would have a charger in my garage. And then I wouldn't have to deal with the cold while charging it OR when pumping gas. And I wouldn't live in Chicago, so there's that. It was 12 degrees here in NE Georgia this morning and I saw the usual number of Teslas commuting to work.

I have a confession.....

When I lived in Utah, I bought an electric car. A Nissan Leaf. Why, you ask? Well I only used it to commute from home to work. I had an old trusty '97 K1500 for everything else.
Work provided free charging and that would get me home and back to work. At no cost to me. Not a penny spent.

That being said, I remember one particular day that we got absolutely dumped on. What was normally a 40 minute drive turned into 3 hours to get to the half way point. I had to turn the heat off to conserve energy. I barely made it back home with about 5% to spare. My legs were damn near frozen.

I kept that little car until we moved to Georgia. But I took my truck when the weather went to ****.

To me I didn't really care if people cared about electric cars. I had a nice little hack that cost me little to nothing.....except for my dignity when I was seen in it driving. 😂
When you can do it for nothing, good deal.

Back
Top Bottom