A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

If your takeaway from the Bible is all fire and brimstone, you missed the message
That is correct. The teachings tell us to love our neighbor as we do ourselves. Be humble and be happy everyday we are alive knowing through his grace we are saved. It gives us answers to every situation. Through all that love and happiness it does end in Revelations. A book of the Bible that will scare the color off your skin. Its true some Pastors, Teachers and others use that book to try and frighten you into repentance. This is not how God wants to win his children's hearts. He wants faith given out of love and true forgiveness.

Now about my comment. Through all the love and blessing God wants to bestow upon us there is a flip side to all that grace. That is when the non- believers and truly evil will meet their fate. It isn't pretty. In fact it's down right horrifying. Some preachers just don't get it. They use that ending as a sword to convert out of shear terror. It's just as slave drivers trying to bend the congregation to there will. Ugly but true. The fact of the matter remains. If you don't believe and mock his teachings judgment day will be harsh and the end will not end in strolls thought the garden of Eden. It will simply be hell fire and brimstone. I am not a fan of scare tactics either but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom