• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Christmas trees hit a new low

View attachment 3719333

What's next? Rainbow Bible covers? Rosaries? Crucifixes? Cassocks?

Last Sunday in the parking lot of my formerly conservative Southern Baptist member church, there was a little
econo-box car with a bumper sticker, in rainbow colors,
that said
"I'm so gay
I can't even drive straight"

Along with a license plate decal that said "In God we trust"
rather than naming the county in which it was issued.

We always had cedar Christmas trees
even after most had moved to spruce.
Then I guess in '80s after dad was gone
mom went with convenience of the aluminum
branches on a broomstick trunk tree. By time
get some ornaments and lights on it didn't look
too bad from 25 ft away. Less of a fire hazard
but cedar definitely smells more Christmasee.

As for the rainbow tree, I thought it was a
tribute to Bozo or whatever clown had that
multi-color afro style big wig. Shocked to find
out it now seems to be symblematic of an
alternative lifestyle. Which is fine with me long
as no rallies or parades block traffic so I can't
practice my inalienable right to go to the store.

Truth be knownst (whatever truth is) I had expected
this thread to have transgressed into 'what's the best
sidearm to wear in church?" which may be more useful
to many (or some) than 'what color is your tree?'

No it's not at all hell fire and brimstone. But I'm pretty sure if you take God's .promise not to destroy the Earth again by water and make it your symbol of your lifestyle is a abomination in the eyes of God. I'm pretty sure he's not too happy about that. As far as what people do behind their closed doors I could care less. I knew a few in the car sales business and I told them that I would be friends with them but I didn't want to hear about any of that other crap. But they just couldn't help themselves they had to slip it in and try to lure you in. It made me sick and I had to tell him just what I thought about it. Which I won't repeat on this line.

No it's not at all hell fire and brimstone. But I'm pretty sure if you take God's .promise not to destroy the Earth again by water and make it your symbol of your lifestyle is a abomination in the eyes of God. I'm pretty sure he's not too happy about that. As far as what people do behind their closed doors I could care less. I knew a few in the car sales business and I told them that I would be friends with them but I didn't want to hear about any of that other crap. But they just couldn't help themselves they had to slip it in and try to lure you in. It made me sick and I had to tell him just what I thought about it. Which I won't repeat on this line.
This is the problem i have.
It is the flaunting of a lifestyle i do not want any part of, a lifestyle i think is wrong….. i can not care less about what folks do in private. It is when it is made public and forced in your face everywhere you go , just about. It is the constant berating of my values and my lifestyle (to which is not flaunted, paraded, or forced to accept) in hopes that I condone the perversions they perform.
In short, I say put it back in the closet.

There is no difference between a rainbow tree or sticker, a Manger, a cross, a confederate flag, a fish, a Darwin fish, a 2a sticker, etc. It is all a "flaunting," as ODT has deemed it, of personal beliefs. Extreme acts are one thing, but a sticker or flag shouldn't offend anyone. And we sit here calling the other side snowflakes. Some of you need to look in the mirror.

The cool thing about the tree is you don't need the multi-colored lights. It's bright enough on its own...

Is the tree marketed specifically for those light in the loafers or is it just marketed as a colorful Christmas tree?

If you want to go full Christian, just use this tree as a reminder that God will never destroy the earth with a flood again. After all that's why he put the rainbow in the sky.

Genesis 9:13-17

I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

maxresdefault (1)__01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom