• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

cast 9mm boolits

My pistols (Glock, FNX, Beretta) all like a 124-125 GR projectile over UNIVERSAL powder.
They also seem to like the plated & Jacketed projectiles over lead

Here's the loading that I use (and that my pistols like):

124 GR Plated or Jacketed Projectile, 4.3 GR UNIVERSAL, 1.142 COL, .378 Straight Crimp.
Power Factor of ~130. Max Load is ~4.8 GR to 5.0 GR of UNIVERSAL (gives very, very little in performance increase: Not worth the extra fuss or risk for overloads)
Powder Meters Well (which is a MUST for Me), Powder Fills the Case Well (Another Must), Shoots Well: Very Accurate, Light Recoil, Not Smokey. Also a VG powder for my 147 GR 9's.

Yes, you can find more powerful loadings, and you can use TIGHT GROUP to use less powder (TIGHT GROUP Does well in 9 MM but loadings are narrower in range)
The BIG PLUS for UNIVERSAL is that it gives Very Good Performance in my .32 ACP, .40 S&W, Colt .45, and .45 ACP Pistols as well ... This is another MUST for me!

Last edited:
Midway has some SAECO molds, but they are expensive. Even then, many are special order only.
Midway does have Lyman 2-Cavity Bullet Mold #356402 9mm (356 Diameter) 120 Grain Truncated Cone available. Great bullet, but mold is $69.
Graf and Sons has a few SAECO 9mm molds in stock.
Any gun shows in your area?

Just about any pistol powder will work in the 9mm. The powder will determine-limit your power.

I like Red Dot, Clays, and Solo1000 for target loads. Solo works best if used with 124 grain or heavier bullets, and is my pick for lead bullets.

For heavier loads: Unique and Universal Clays.

For extreme loads: HS-6, AutoComp, and Blue Dot are the ones I have used with success.

Their is a new company in TN, I think, that is making some nice cast bullets and have a short turn around time. Also a good price. If I remember theur name or get more info i will post it.

Just about any pistol powder will work in the 9mm. The powder will determine-limit your power.

I like Red Dot, Clays, and Solo1000 for target loads. Solo works best if used with 124 grain or heavier bullets, and is my pick for lead bullets.

For heavier loads: Unique and Universal Clays.

For extreme loads: HS-6, AutoComp, and Blue Dot are the ones I have used with success.

I just started using the Solo 1000 for 125gr lead and it is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom