• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carhartt's mandatory vaccination program

Ill have to check them out. I'm 6'6" and the Dickies talls could stand to be a good bit longer but I'm cheap as **** when it comes to clothes and $8 is a steal.
Oh I’m the same way. Duluth also has a no BS one year guarantee which takes the sting out a bit. Ruin your clothes, they give you new ones.

And Dickies tall is like a Carhartt regular.

You have a valid point . However...Carhartt is one of those companies that makes things most of us don't really NEED. Kinda like Dollar Shave Club, Gillette, Black Rifle Coffee, Yeti etc. There are cheaper and easier to get substitutes for all the goods of the companies I just mentioned.
Maybe in THIS case the email was supposed to stay in house. But it doesn't matter to ME. The end result to me is the same as if they would have made a media statement about it.
The short version is ...Carhartt just told all their employees " **** the Supreme Court! They don't run this company. WE do! And you WILL submit or hit the road."
Personally, I would not own anything from a company like that as a gift.
Any credible news links about this requirement? Or are we all just jumping because someone said jump? Serious question.

Bought carhartt for years and really started noticing a decline in quality. Made the switch to Duluth about 4 years ago, now virtually everything I own is from there. Last longer and far more comfortable.
Yeah, I watch for sales and load up. I’m not into paying 76 bucks for a pair of pants, but I think the most I’ve ever spent was 50 watching for sales.

By far the toughest and most comfortable clothes I own. Of course 90% of my clothes are Carhartt, Dickies, or Duluth.

Yeah, I watch for sales and load up. I’m not into paying 76 bucks for a pair of pants, but I think the most I’ve ever spent was 50 watching for sales.

By far the toughest and most comfortable clothes I own. Of course 90% of my clothes are Carhartt, Dickies, or Duluth.
Rustler Brand jeans for the win! Usually about $15
whatever shirt I happen to like that isn’t “Gucci“ or “trendy” usually a black TShirt. Leather fits the bill for boots, jackets, belts, again no Gucci stuff.

They also carry a cheaper line called 40 grit. They're more in the $35-$40 range. I've found them to be good as well. I did buy a pair for $74 plus tax and I must say, it is the best pair of jeans I've ever owned. :)

They also carry a cheaper line called 40 grit. They're more in the $35-$40 range. I've found them to be good as well. I did buy a pair for $74 plus tax and I must say, it is the best pair of jeans I've ever owned. :)

My wife gave me one pair of DuluthFlex fire hose cargo pants that she paid full price for. Turned out to be a very expensive gift because I went down and bought four more pairs and some shirts less than a week later.

O
Rustler Brand jeans for the win! Usually about $15
whatever shirt I happen to like that isn’t “Gucci“ or “trendy” usually a black TShirt. Leather fits the bill for boots, jackets, belts, again no Gucci stuff.

Yeah, I’m a cheap ass but I don’t wear jeans. I can’t stand my wallet being in my back pocket so I wear cargo exclusively. My son makes fun of me for it, but I don’t dress to impress.

Most of my tshirts are plain dark colors though.

I do have a bunch of Lee black pocket Ts in tall size that I bought on clearance from Walmart for 3 bucks a piece. Honestly I wish I could find more. Not tough at all, but at three bucks a piece I don’t care.

Now I am a sock diva. I will not, I say again will NOT wear cotton socks. I will only wear wool socks and even then only socks with at least 80% wool content.

My wife didn’t understand it until she ran out of socks one day so she wore a pair of mine. Now we both wear wool socks exclusively year round. I would rather not wear socks at all than put my feat in a disgusting pair of cotton socks.

Wool socks aren’t cheap, but once you try them, there is no going back.

I prefer wool underwear too, but they don’t last long and at 20 bucks a pairI just can’t justify it them.

Back
Top Bottom