• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carhartt's mandatory vaccination program

No offense, but this is the United States of America. In the United States of America we value private property rights. A business is private property and as such as the owner of my business, I should be allowed to require whatever the hell I feel like of the people who would choose to work for me. I don't care if I think mandating vaccines is stupid. Private property rights trump that.

I do not support the government mandating what a private property owner can and or cannot do with their private property.

Don't want the vaccine? No problem, find another job or start your own business.
I understand that. Grrr, got me there. I still don't like it though. But it's kind of like affirmative action so I get it.

If companies are/were really concerned about workers' health and safety, they'd mandate no drug use, no alcohol, no tobacco, no risky behaviors and require all employees to take prophylactics for whatever disease they're at risk to contract. If the disease is at all communicable in any way, all coworkers should be made aware of any other's illnesses or risk factors.

Duluth Trading Company, Dickies, Walls.

I've worn Carhartt for years, but lately I find myself buying Duluth Trading Company. I really like their pants and shirts.
Bought carhartt for years and really started noticing a decline in quality. Made the switch to Duluth about 4 years ago, now virtually everything I own is from there. Last longer and far more comfortable.

Who else makes good rugged clothing? Don't say Levi's or Wrangler; they both support AWBs.
I buy what I need, and I’ve never felt the need for anything Carhart. There’s plenty of good rugged clothing to be bought, it just won’t make you “hip”.

It was hard to beat Carhartt tall size T's and Henleys for 12 buck or so that I used to pay for them. Dickes tall, is still very short.

My wife bought me a Duluth Trading Company long tail T as a gift, and I have since added a bunch more of them. 20 to 25 bucks each, but I like them that much more over the Carhartt, and they don't have a visible label which I actually like.
Ill have to check them out. I'm 6'6" and the Dickies talls could stand to be a good bit longer but I'm cheap as **** when it comes to clothes and $8 is a steal.

Back
Top Bottom