• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carhartt's mandatory vaccination program

It's not the whole government, mainly Democrats trying to force people. Paying companies to comply or shut them down. That's why you can't find stuff on shelves now. They say you have Covid and therefore you have to stay out of work, that constitutes worker shortage. Wow no flu or sinuses,or strep throat anymore just Covid.

No offense, but this is the United States of America. In the United States of America we value private property rights. A business is private property and as such as the owner of my business, I should be allowed to require whatever the hell I feel like of the people who would choose to work for me. I don't care if I think mandating vaccines is stupid. Private property rights trump that.

I do not support the government mandating what a private property owner can and or cannot do with their private property.

Don't want the vaccine? No problem, find another job or start your own business.
While I agree with the principle 100% (and have said so here multiple times) as long as not being able to fire someone for their race, gender, sexuality, 'identity', age, religion, etc... is illegal, mandating ineffective and potentially harmful arbitrary health procedures as a condition of continued employment is absolute B.S. and should never be tolerated. Now if you want to say "We'll only hire jabbites going forward", knock yourself out. Changing the rules mid game with something as serious as this is simply lunacy.

So, soon you boycott folks will be growing your own food, making your own clothes, and riding horses.
Good luck.
You have a valid point . However...Carhartt is one of those companies that makes things most of us don't really NEED. Kinda like Dollar Shave Club, Gillette, Black Rifle Coffee, Yeti etc. There are cheaper and easier to get substitutes for all the goods of the companies I just mentioned.
Maybe in THIS case the email was supposed to stay in house. But it doesn't matter to ME. The end result to me is the same as if they would have made a media statement about it.
The short version is ...Carhartt just told all their employees " **** the Supreme Court! They don't run this company. WE do! And you WILL submit or hit the road."
Personally, I would not own anything from a company like that as a gift.

While I agree with the principle 100% (and have said so here multiple times) as long as not being able to fire someone for their race, gender, sexuality, 'identity', religion, etc... is illegal, mandating ineffective and potentially harmful arbitrary health procedures as a condition of continued employment is absolute B.S. and should never be tolerated. Now if you want to say "We'll only hire jabbites going forward", knock yourself out. Changing the rules mid game with something as serious as this is simply lunacy.
Exactly! 111% accurate statement.

While I agree with the principle 100% (and have said so here multiple times) as long as not being able to fire someone for their race, gender, sexuality, 'identity', age, religion, etc... is illegal, mandating ineffective and potentially harmful arbitrary health procedures as a condition of continued employment is absolute B.S. and should never be tolerated. Now if you want to say "We'll only hire jabbites going forward", knock yourself out. Changing the rules mid game with something as serious as this is simply lunacy.

I could agree with that. I would also agree that a business should be allowed to fire someone for their race, gender, sexuality, identity, age, religion, political beliefs. or simply because you ugly.

Sadly the federal government doesn't agree with me.

I could agree with that. I would also agree that a business should be allowed to fire someone for their race, gender, sexuality, identity, age, religion, political beliefs. or simply because you ugly.

Sadly the federal government doesn't agree with me.
I don't think they should be able to fire someone for any of that. But I do think they should be able to not hire someone for any of the above. And if later caught lying, then get fired. OK, I make an exception for the 90 year old limo driver who has been working there for 70 years. Time to go.
But then I also think they should absolutely be able to refuse service/product for any of those reasons (or no reason) as well.

Back
Top Bottom