• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carhartt's mandatory vaccination program

As companies continue to jump on this bandwagon, I can see a lot of hungry folk waking around bareass --- with homeschooled children --
gonna boycott;
food processors, clothing manf., fuel refineries, schools, hospitals, airlines,
the gas, electric and water companies, and perish the thought distilleries --
Best O British luck to you --

1642535046544.png

It's a liability issue.

It's very simple. Their lawyers advised them to have a mandate just in case someone catches Covid and then sues them because they caught it at work.

It's the exact same reason that you see places with signs saying to "wear a mask", "no guns allowed" or "no shoes, no service". Corporate lawyers making rules to avoid lawsuits.

It's a liability issue.

It's very simple. Their lawyers advised them to have a mandate just in case someone catches Covid and then sues them because they caught it at work.

It's the exact same reason that you see places with signs saying to "wear a mask", "no guns allowed" or "no shoes, no service". Corporate lawyers making rules to avoid lawsuits.
But you can take that mask and shoes off and put your gun back on as soon as you leave the premises. Can't take the vax out of your body. No business should have the right to permanently alter your body or else face financial repercussions.

Seems like a reasonable policy to me,
especially if the company offers health insurance as one of its employee benefits.

Even if they don't, Carhart has a legitimate business interest in having employees that are less likely to get Covid and will have less serious symptoms (and miss less work due to sick days) if they happen to catch it anyway.

As a customer, I want Carhartt fully staffed and their workers at their stations, not home sick or in the hospital, so that when I place an order it gets filled and sent to me on time.

(Of course that also means I don't want Carhartt to fire its employees who refused to get jabbed, since that would also create a shortage of workers manning their posts...)
They have not proved none of this. Even if you had the shot you can still get Covid and you can still spread it, do you actually think if you had the shot the company is going to let you come to work even with "less symptoms"? You will still have to be out of work and use your own sick time if you tell them. Not a reasonable policy at all.

But you can take that mask and shoes off and put your gun back on as soon as you leave the premises. Can't take the vax out of your body. No business should have the right to permanently alter your body or else face financial repercussions.

No offense, but this is the United States of America. In the United States of America we value private property rights. A business is private property and as such as the owner of my business, I should be allowed to require whatever the hell I feel like of the people who would choose to work for me. I don't care if I think mandating vaccines is stupid. Private property rights trump that.

I do not support the government mandating what a private property owner can and or cannot do with their private property.

Don't want the vaccine? No problem, find another job or start your own business.

Back
Top Bottom