• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car insurance

I got minimum coverage through Geico and they went up on me $20. It's been the cheapest but I've been told it's because they're bad about actually covering you. I don't really care, I only have insurance to keep myself legal. If it was up to me I wouldn't have it in the first place.
Challenge is over last few years my cars have been hit multiple times by others - usually involving texting. With the influx of illegal aliens with no insurance on top of the youngsters texting - I need insurance.

See if you can find out who is insuring all the new Dodge Challenger and Chargers we see in the tiktok videos crashing while doing donuts in street "takeovers."

Buy from a different ins. co.

I actually just changed my homeowners and auto from Mercury to Progressive. I receive discounts for paying yearly and bundling the two together but I paid $1,029 for a 12 month policy on two vehicles (2018 and 2019). I drive 25,000-30,000 miles each year and my wife does about 15,000 each year. I can't imagine there being that big of a difference between Atlanta and not-Atlanta.

I went through an independent local agent. Best of luck!

I use Country Financial. Years ago it was Cotton States. Last month my 24 year old son bought a new Camaro SS and got his own policy. CF beat State Farm by almost $$1k a year. Around $2400 a year I think. And he also got a policy on a house I own but he lives in and for some reason it is cheaper for him to insure than me. $290 a month for a 5 year old Camry is excessive to me.

T
I use Country Financial. Years ago it was Cotton States. Last month my 24 year old son bought a new Camaro SS and got his own policy. CF beat State Farm by almost $$1k a year. Around $2400 a year I think. And he also got a policy on a house I own but he lives in and for some reason it is cheaper for him to insure than me. $290 a month for a 5 year old Camry is excessive to me.
Thanks I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

Thank all the ambulance chasers advertising on local tv and radio. They are the reason our rates are so high. Need tort reform for auto suits.
I’m not sure why they advertise or how they make any money .

Last month we got rear ended , hard , by a Florida driver , and the other driver had the state minimum ,
Which is $10k for personal injury.

I got a mild concussion and a herniated disc in the accident and the max I can collect from them is $10k

Last month we got rear ended , hard , by a Florida driver , and the other driver had the state minimum ,

I got a mild concussion and a herniated disc in the accident and the max I can collect from them is $10k
That’s correct. Your uninsured policy in Georgia is $25,000.00 so your insurance should pick up from your policy.

Ouch I had something similar happen last year on Moreland ave. CMV vs CMV though luckily or unluckily, it’s hard to say these days. . Herniated bulging disc, narrowed cervical joint in my neck, and major alignment issues compounding it. Putting pressure on even more joints from not being able to walk straight. It’s a trash situation with the insurance industry.

I should prob do some shopping around myself. Been with Progressive for well over a decade, but I don't think my rate is all that bad. I pay around 1400/yr for full coverage on a 2018 Tundra crew cab 4x4. I've got a friend that pays around 2000/yr for minimum liability with uninsured motorist coverage on a 1995 Ford Ranger single cab with 4 cyl and manual trans. Clean driving record, he says, and claims that's the cheapest he could find. Sounds ridiculous to me.

Back
Top Bottom