• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car insurance

traheem01

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
I use progressive for my personal vehicle insurance. So I’ve been noticing the last few months my car insurance rate varies at the end of the month. Now today when it’s time to renew it some how the rate has skyrocketed $90+ a month to a total of $290 a month for a box stock commuter vehicle. A Toyota Camry a literal econobox.

I’m a professional driver that only uses my personal vehicle for in town commuting when I’m in town. Maybe 14k miles a year in my personal vehicle. Credit is good. Driving record is impeccable with over 6 million safe miles in the last 13 years. Not a speeding ticket and never an at fault accident. My mvr is only the list of drivers license numbers I’ve had.

Has anyone experienced this recently. I mean I’m sure a bit of that is my proximity to Atlanta premium but that’s a bit excessive. As comparison my rate to insure my cmv at 160k lb gross vehicle with a required $2 million policy is $650 a month per truck. I get it the volume and number of policies count. It still seems quite a ways off.

Any assistance or feedback is appreciated.

Find an independent agent / agency that writes for several companies. If the rate goes up too much at renewal they can swap you over with no hassle and you can give them the payment to process and bind your coverage. If you like to do all of your stuff online with a cell phone ........I got nothing to tell you.

Insurance rates increase due to many factors, e.g., volume of vehicle theft claims, volume of accidents, etc. These numbers are NOT based solely on your driving history, it is a culmination of ALL of the drivers covered by the insuring agency, in your case Progressive, and Progressive is notori0us for taking higher risk drivers. I completely agree with StuP StuP , you should definitely shop around. IMHO

Find an independent agent / agency that writes for several companies. If the rate goes up too much at renewal they can swap you over with no hassle and you can give them the payment to process and bind your coverage. If you like to do all of your stuff online with a cell phone ........I got nothing to tell you.
I’m open to suggestions I don’t know many independent agencies.

Back
Top Bottom