• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can you please define "high capacity"

80983B71-81F7-49DA-872F-A2EC693F588B.jpeg

High capacity Clipazine.

Greater than 10 rounds. Based on the Assault Weapons Ban (1994-2004).

Edit
The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Act was enacted as part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.[12] The prohibitions expired on September 13, 2004.[12]

The Act prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of "semiautomatic assault weapons," as defined by the Act. "Weapons banned were identified either by specific make or model (including copies or duplicates thereof, in any caliber), or by specific characteristics that slightly varied according to whether the weapon was a pistol, rifle, or shotgun" (see below).[12] The Act also prohibited the manufacture of "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" (LCAFDs) except for sale to government, law enforcement or military, though magazines made before the effective date ("pre-ban" magazines) were legal to possess & transfer. An LCAFD was defined as "any magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device manufactured after the date [of the act] that has the capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition".[12]

And also let me know if a gun accepts both magazines and clips. Don't want to offend the mods so I had to start my own thread...
As far as the M16/M4/AR15, clips are used to load the mags, at least in the military so in this case the platform uses both but good luck putting the stripper clip in the rifle. A standard capacity mag is 30 rounds so I guess anything bigger than that would be hi capacity. When I first enlisted in '76 20 round mags were standard but that changed pretty soon after that.
The last thing that I know of the actually loaded the rifle with a clip was the M1 Garand.

Back
Top Bottom