• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can we still post for CELL?

It is a stay at home order. It is not a lockdown ordinance. Ordinance would suggest that a law was passed. Lockdown would suggest no movement at all, i.e. stay at home, period. That is not the case.

Why are you in lock down? You been misbehavin'? I haven't heard about any statewide lock down, in fact the last I heard the governor said he was not prepared to do that yet. That was Thursday evening.

I thought your overlords in Athens/Clark Co put you in lockdown.

I don't live in Clarke county but no, they have a shelter at home order. That is not a lockdown. A lockdown would be stay at home period or else. They are allowed to go out to do business, they will just be counseled by LE if they are seen hanging out in groups or otherwise not adhering to social distancing.

I am just curious as to who in county government actually has the authority to issue such an order and where they derived this authority.

a) no one

b) no where

Especially, when, as locally, they have said they don't have the means to enforce it.

In the local projects, right now, it's just another pretty Saturday afternoon, soon to turn into Saturday night block party.

I don't live in Clarke county but no, they have a shelter at home order. That is not a lockdown. A lockdown would be stay at home period or else. They are allowed to go out to do business, they will just be counseled by LE if they are seen hanging out in groups or otherwise not adhering to social distancing.

Someone is late for their counseling session. This is right across the street from a police substation, who are supposed to be doing the education and counseling thing.

I was just talking to someone last night about Triangle Plaza and everyone hanging out in front of the liquor store. She said: they oughta close that place down so them fools would go home.

Back
Top Bottom