• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Burn, Jel

I keep these on hand
20210205_211559.jpg

There is a yellowish creame paramedics use, don't know the name.

I badly burned my hand at work on an acetylene torch. I tried several ointments, no help. A fellow worker was a part time fireman and he offered to get me something. Came in the next morning with this stuff in a cup. It immediately took the pain away, and it didn't come back.

That was 40 years ago, been trying to figure out what it was since.

We used to carry this product on our rescue unit and I have used it many times, spraying my smoking ears, but that was almost 50 years ago - we used the spray can version.
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/foille-medicated-first-aid-ointment/ID=prod6146096-product

Are you serious? I use dmso for sore joints but have never ever ever heard this.. tell me more.. dmso is great for sore joints btw
We use to get the real DMSO oil from the wood mills in Mississippi, crystal clear liquid, we used it for everything you can think of. For burns you would not rub it on but pat it over the burn. As soon as you put it on you would taste the pine on your tongue

For minor burns I’ve used cold milk for years with no issues. You can soak a washcloth in milk and use it, or simply dip into a bowl, depending on where the burn is. If you’re out of milk, yogurt has a similar effect on burns.

I always follow up later with aloe that we grow in our home.

“A cold milk compress can actually speed the healing of your burn, according to board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist Dr. Adarsh Vijay Mudgil, medical director of Mudgil Dermatology in Manhattan and Long Island, New York.”

We use to get the real DMSO oil from the wood mills in Mississippi, crystal clear liquid, we used it for everything you can think of. For burns you would not rub it on but pat it over the burn. As soon as you put it on you would taste the pine on your tongue
The dmso I get at the feed store.. it’s sold as a horse lineament is great for sore tendons.. soon as you put it on I taste a kind of metallic taste .. very strong penatrant to the skin

Back
Top Bottom