• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BUIS Reccomendations

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey folks,

who do y’all like nowadays for BUIS on an AR? I’ve used Troy HK style, MBUS, and DD fixed in the past and liked them all but it’s been a couple years since I have bought a set. Any new hotness worth looking at or should I just stick with what I know. Also, my eyes aren’t what they used to be so if there is a sight that’s going to better for that, I’d love to hear about it. Shooting steel at 50-100 yards primarily.

thanks!
Caleb

I have or have had all the higher end brands. I recently got a few sets of 45-degree flip up backups and took a chance on Ozark Armament. I think they are a good value and they seem well made. Super fast shipping, too. You can find them on Amazon and Ebay.

https://ozarkarmament.com/

As an aside, the ATF continues screwing with anyone that has anything to do with the gun business and just busted OA's cajones for no reason. They posted this on facebook yesterday:

Recently the ATF changed their opinion about how they classify iron sights. Of course, they have not publicly communicated this change of opinion.
Somehow, they are now classifying iron sights as an “internal component or part” of a firearm, rather than an accessory. Based on this change in classification, they are now requiring specific licensing when shipping & transporting large quantities of iron sights.
Due to this, a large shipment of our products has recently been seized as we did not have said licensing with our shipment because of course, how would anyone know this. We have been shipping tens of thousands of our iron sights for years without issue.
Beyond this, they’re also now asking us to send previously cleared shipments of other products such as scopes back to them for further inspection. We'll have the pleasure of paying them to do so.
We’re not standing idly by. We want our shipment back & what we believe is unjust harassment to end. We are in the process of finding the right attorney, with the right expertise who hates actions like these from the ATF & Customs as much as we do.
If you have any recommendations for attorneys with relevant experience, we are all ears.
We appreciate your business & look forward to continuing to serve you while we work through this.
Best Regards,
Ozark Armament Team

Best I've found are magpul pro for flip ups. Blitzkrieg sells different font posts if your eyes need something different to focus well. They are low profile and compact and I've not had them snag in anything.

Non folding, I believe the DD fixed are the way to go.

If you need super low profile, bobro engineering.

On a budget, standard mapul polymer.

I have or have had all the higher end brands. I recently got a few sets of 45-degree flip up backups and took a chance on Ozark Armament. I think they are a good value and they seem well made. Super fast shipping, too. You can find them on Amazon and Ebay.

https://ozarkarmament.com/

As an aside, the ATF continues screwing with anyone that has anything to do with the gun business and just busted OA's cajones for no reason. They posted this on facebook yesterday:

Recently the ATF changed their opinion about how they classify iron sights. Of course, they have not publicly communicated this change of opinion.
Somehow, they are now classifying iron sights as an “internal component or part” of a firearm, rather than an accessory. Based on this change in classification, they are now requiring specific licensing when shipping & transporting large quantities of iron sights.
Due to this, a large shipment of our products has recently been seized as we did not have said licensing with our shipment because of course, how would anyone know this. We have been shipping tens of thousands of our iron sights for years without issue.
Beyond this, they’re also now asking us to send previously cleared shipments of other products such as scopes back to them for further inspection. We'll have the pleasure of paying them to do so.
We’re not standing idly by. We want our shipment back & what we believe is unjust harassment to end. We are in the process of finding the right attorney, with the right expertise who hates actions like these from the ATF & Customs as much as we do.
If you have any recommendations for attorneys with relevant experience, we are all ears.
We appreciate your business & look forward to continuing to serve you while we work through this.
Best Regards,
Ozark Armament Team

I received the same email. I don't understand how sights are internal parts. I like Ozark Armament, but I think there may be more to this.

The griffin armament and Midwest sets tend to have larger rear apertures and as a result I find them a little easier on the eyes. Very low profile when folded
I like the Midwest "combat flip sights" as well. The larger aperture is easier on older eyes, and my current knock around AR wears them as backups for the Eotech. If I need something more accurate than moa.. (minute of @$$hole) I'll probably pick up a scoped rifle.

Hey folks,

who do y’all like nowadays for BUIS on an AR? I’ve used Troy HK style, MBUS, and DD fixed in the past and liked them all but it’s been a couple years since I have bought a set. Any new hotness worth looking at or should I just stick with what I know. Also, my eyes aren’t what they used to be so if there is a sight that’s going to better for that, I’d love to hear about it. Shooting steel at 50-100 yards primarily.

thanks!
Caleb
Troy.

Back
Top Bottom