Front sight only for BUIS on AR-15

Wombat7

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
414   0
Reaction score
So I picked up the Strike Industry Gridlock Light 8” AR-15 rail. It comes with an intergrated front buis on the rail. If I’m running a Primary Arms 1x prism optic could I forego putting on a rear buis? The sight picture through the optic would provide a very rudimentary sight picture for cqb. This is for a pdw so the effective range is honestly under 100 yards. I figure with a proper cheek weld you could put rounds on target easily under 50 yards. Thoughts?

Attachments

• AFFBE532-C0C2-4F97-9E2C-93D7D62F562F.jpeg
    AFFBE532-C0C2-4F97-9E2C-93D7D62F562F.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 16
Don’t really understand the question. So front only back up sight? This is my set up with a 3x primary arms microprism.

I know…it needs a QD mount to actually be practical. Is yours a 1x prism or their red dot?

AD0F4AED-9AED-4444-AD76-D51DDC6F38A6.jpeg

So I picked up the Strike Industry Gridlock Light 8” AR-15 rail. It comes with an intergrated front buis on the rail. If I’m running a Primary Arms 1x prism optic could I forego putting on a rear buis? The sight picture through the optic would provide a very rudimentary sight picture for cqb. This is for a pdw so the effective range is honestly under 100 yards. I figure with a proper cheek weld you could put rounds on target easily under 50 yards. Thoughts?
Probably would work, unless the optic fails by the glass shattering. I have a friend with a Burris LVPO scope - he took it out of the case one day and the glass shattered - if I remember correctly he couldn't see through it.

But under 100 yards you could probably just bore sight down the handguard and get MOBG (minute of bad guy) accuracy.

Probably would work, unless the optic fails by the glass shattering. I have a friend with a Burris LVPO scope - he took it out of the case one day and the glass shattered - if I remember correctly he couldn't see through it.

But under 100 yards you could probably just bore sight down the handguard and get MOBG (minute of bad guy) accuracy.
That’s what I was thinking. It’s a 1x PA prism so it would have to really take a hit for it to stop working.

Yes, please let us know if you can reliably put rounds on target that way out to 100 yards. Then reduce your accuracy by 50% to simulate firing under stress. I have my doubts.

Why not just mount a proper set at a 45 degree offset?

1666568713830.png

Back
Top Bottom